Thread: Using V2 for Remote Tuning?

Question Using V2 for Remote Tuning?

Hi folks and please bare with me on this question...I've been away from EFI for a while.

Can I export my tunes to a remote shop that will allow them to use their own V2 to flash to their customer's vehicle?

To clarify:
    1. I write a calibration with one of my shop V2's and set security for the export to only allow the remote shop to flash-only using their shop V2.
    2. Remote shop uses their V2 only to flash and possibly log as needed. I clearly would not want them to be able to read or mod the calibration from the V2 and I would also want to auto-lock to the controller.
    3. Remote shop does any datalogging if needed and works with me for any revisions.
    4. In the end, customer is happy and drives away.

I understand that this is pretty much what the AutoCal does, but IIRC is limited to 8 VINs.

Is this possible?

It would be effectively using a V2 as a remote shop AutoCal.

Thanks and cheers and hope everyone is staying healthy out there! I've missed all the good folks in the EFI Live community no doubt!
    2006 Ford F250 Super Duty, 2008 Cummins 6.7, Allison 1000 5spd
    2011 Ford F250 Super Duty, 6.7L Scorpion

Autocals hold 222 vins. Use an autocal. Cheaper for the shop and nets same results. Regardless a flashscan will work just fine as well but no reason for it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by comnrailpwr View Post
    Autocals hold 222 vins. Use an autocal. Cheaper for the shop and nets same results. Regardless a flashscan will work just fine as well but no reason for it.

Yeah, that makes a difference for sure! Thanks

On the other hand, for a remote shop that already has a V2...is it possible to prevent them from viewing and editing the file? Do I simply choose 'Cannot View/Cannot Edit' and assign their V2 device S/N with only permission to flash? Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything...
    2006 Ford F250 Super Duty, 2008 Cummins 6.7, Allison 1000 5spd
    2011 Ford F250 Super Duty, 6.7L Scorpion

Quote Originally Posted by beav View Post
    Yeah, that makes a difference for sure! Thanks

On the other hand, for a remote shop that already has a V2...is it possible to prevent them from viewing and editing the file? Do I simply choose 'Cannot View/Cannot Edit' and assign their V2 device S/N with only permission to flash? Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything...
    Yes just set your security restrictions and they won't be able to do whatever you restricted. File restrictions are locked to your individual flashscan serial number.