Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: T43 Acadia Transmission Tuning for TCC locking and Unlocking

Lifetime Member

Personal licenses were only for FS V1s, all V2s can change OS' and have full functionality based on the tuning license(s) available (e.g. GM vs Cummins).

I would caution you against full flashing different ECM and TCMs OS', even within the compatibility guide. As GMPX said, there are under-the-hood changes that may brick the controller. I know the ECMs are more susceptible to it as the CPU2/DBW controller isn't flashed by EFILive and can brick. If you're trying every option, then maybe it's worthwhile but be prepared to replace the controller in certain circumstances.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Thank you for the warning. Luckily it didn't brick my tcm. Also luckily I have other vehicles to use, and don't really go anywhere anyway. My goal is to have a good reliable vehicle that my wife can use on most non business trips taking kids to various things. If it were only the mileage difference of never locking the torque converter I would just call it good. But I believe long term mostly Highway driving without locking the converter could cause internal damage to the transmission. If we lived in town and it was just a grocery getter, it wouldn't matter much. But we plan on this being a trip vehicle, and occasionally towing a boat. So I would like to find the problem and get it fixed. Changing the OS was simply a way to test if it is programming that is causing the issue. It did not work, and I don't plan on trying again. I don't think anything went wrong with the flash. I just think it isn't compatible.
    2006 K2500 CC LB LBZ Diesel

You got me thinking. This is not the original transmission for the vehicle. It is out of a 2012 Acadia. I did hook up and read the TCM that was in that transmission, it has an OS of 24261871. And I have compared the calibrations between that and the TCM in the vehicle. There isn't any significant differences in what I can see. But maybe there is in what I can't see. Maybe this transmission is not compatible with my TCM. I had originally left the 2012 tcm in when I put everything together, but it didn't work. VIN mismatch. So I swapped it out for the TCM that was in the original transmission.

Now it could be worth swapping back to the 2012 TCM that was in the transmission to begin with, if it would work. If I flash that TCM with my VIN, would it function correctly? Or would it have problems being it is was matched to a different ECM from the factory? I believe my 2008 ECM is completely different than the ECM from the 2012 acadia.

I would try, but it kind of sucks swapping the TCM while in the vehicle. Not to mention loosing that much trans oil again.
    2006 K2500 CC LB LBZ Diesel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12