Thread: 2012 Ram will not license, gives $0549 error

Lifetime Member

Default 2012 Ram will not license, gives $0549 error

I'm trying to program a truck, and it keeps giving me the same error. The truck cranks and runs, but I can't even get past the licensing part of the flash. As it is running through the procedure, it halts after the verification section. I tried to just skip it and flash the truck which seemed to be working (it pulled the ECM serial number and verified that), but it told me the controller needed to be licensed. I'm at a loss here. I searched, but all the threads I'm seeing with this error are guys who flashed and then had the error pop up.

Not sure what software / firmware you are running there but there is no known issues with the current September 2019 beta if you wanted to update to that.
    https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...lease-Update-2
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Not sure what software / firmware you are running there but there is no known issues with the current September 2019 beta if you wanted to update to that.
    https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...lease-Update-2
    Thanks for the response, but I actually found the problem after I posted the thread. The truck has an aftermarket radio in it, and I guess it has some sort of data display function or some other reason it needs to be tied into the data wires because someone spliced them into the diagnostic can wires in the obd2 port. Once I disconnected them, all was good.

Pretty typical cause of issues actually, the old LB7 & LLY's were notorious for this with after market stuff connected to the communications bus.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.