Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4l80e to six speed (cda009)

Lifetime Member

That screenshot you posted looks like it's from an Express Van, here's a link to a 2002 Camaro with manual transmission.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4ydh5wltk...56%29.tun?dl=0

Strange thing is that it says up front it's a manual, but has all the crap to run a 4L60E present to include its gear ratios. FWIW though, I just opened up my C5 Z06's stock tune and it's the same way so I guess I wouldn't sweat it. Segment swap the engine and engine diagnostics into the Camaro tune and see how that works out. Post 3 here goes over how to perform a segment swap.

https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...a-segment-swap

You'll need to have an 80e calibration that uses the same OS as your 60e calibration.

Open the 60e calibration as your primary file, then load the 80e calibration as your alternate for comparison.

Go to the edit menu and "Copy Entire Segment". I would assume that you would need to copy both the trans calibration and the trans diagnostics.
    1998 GMC Sierra K1500 5.7/4L80E, longtubes, 411 w/COS 5, marine cam/intake, Whipple. 91 octane at 6000'.
    1997 GMC Sierra K3500 7.4/4L80E, 411 w/COS 3, Whipple, small cam.
    2004 Corvette Z06 with longtubes.

Are you holding classes anywhere>? now that i am learning to configure a comp lets talk about making more power! haha maybe on phase 2. Okso it sounds like in this world of tunes you might have to try a couple things to get it to the drivers liking and to get it operate correctly without codes. Once i use a vin on his truck I can re full flash as many times as I want>? it doesn't seem to me to be alot of risk into flashing a tune that doesnt work and in reality you dont think ur gonna use just to see what reactions you receive? and just to understand you corvette tune when opened shows an auto trans as well? like my 02 camaro screenshot?> i guess it doesnt matter because you linked the tune I see clearly as manuel so that will be the tune I use I just wondering if you cant always trust what ur reading? I cant believe how much you helped move this project along. I have a feeling your stuck with a newb when you got time. How can I document the build on here to keep you updated on progress? Now I wait for him to do his end and hopefully swing in at the end and look like I know what i am doing getting it to run!

hey man Supercharged111 . The last weeks have been a weird time.... sure as with all. however my buddy hit me up and is transplanting motor now I gotta come thru with my first tune/full flash on something i bought a year ago and havent had ppl in need enough to use it. Wanted to say thanks for the help and Im on the clock so ill get to a finishing a product here for him and hope for the best. thanks for the help and ill post results and prolly more ?'s to come but if you didnt offer this I literally wouldn't have any basis on how to do this

hey man Supercharged111 . The last weeks have been a weird time.... sure as with all. however my buddy hit me up and is transplanting motor now I gotta come thru with my first tune/full flash on something i bought a year ago and havent had ppl in need enough to use it. Wanted to say thanks for the help and Im on the clock so ill get to a finishing a product here for him and hope for the best. thanks for the help and ill post results and prolly more ?'s to come but if you didnt offer this I literally wouldn't have any basis on how to do this

Lifetime Member

Let us know how it turns out and if you need any more help.
    1998 GMC Sierra K1500 5.7/4L80E, longtubes, 411 w/COS 5, marine cam/intake, Whipple. 91 octane at 6000'.
    1997 GMC Sierra K3500 7.4/4L80E, 411 w/COS 3, Whipple, small cam.
    2004 Corvette Z06 with longtubes.

hey so back for more help as i look to flash this weekend. for some reason he has gotten shy about using the 4.3 computer. I dont think he understands that i have his 4.3 tune saved and could alwats put it back in if he needs it but whatever. his question to me is why can we not use my tune in the 6.0 computer that came out his donor 2500 and use it possible to switch it in the 1500 that was original a 6 cylinder. I will of benefited from putting the tune together because of the os and dbc platform. however when you need to remove vats from my understanding it is triggered by the pcm not recognizing the bcm. this always made me think the bcm was integraterd into the vehicles pcm. This makes me wonder. Are gen 3 controllers interchangeable between trucks? Can you just take a donor comp. swap in the tunes you need to make your motor and trans work but what becomes of the vin>? and will the rest of the truck bcm side of things function correctly? in this case i think he fears full flashing the computer that came stock in the truck because he doesnt think i know what im doing. so is his donor pcm is flashed with the tune you helped me make will it operate the truck properly /

hey i just wanted to post again before i use up time as i have appreciated. I researched the year and color differences for pcm color and year changes. I have matched a red and blue computer truck plugs to a red and blue computer I had. His research told him to use a 99-02 engine harness for the tps/iac side of management. the donor comp I got is a 4.8 out of a 99. since he doesnt trust me with his stock computer because I guess if I crash and burn he can pony up the 300-400 to pay somone to do it. So I will vin and flash my donor 4.8 with the camaro tune with lq4 segment swap. if you got a minute to explain if I should bother to try and vin the new pcm to his truck? thanks

so here we are... there has been so many liitle changes with wiring harness changes to accomplish the v8 swap in truck and have it be dbc. long story short he had to use a gen 3 controller from the van with dbc capabilities. So the tune we created wouldn't load into a gen 3 controller with the 02 camaro format we started with. I flashed the van comp with 6.0 parameters and runs but is in extreme limp mode because the trans pressure sensor? So now can we source an 03 or newer trans tune to run his 6 speed with and get it on the same van platform? I was starting with a 6.0 van platform with operating system 12587603. Its a 6.0 and I was goin to switch the electric throttle to "no". We have wasted some vins and the van computer and operating system is the only on that allowed his gauges to function. So can we swap a trans tune into that van platform>?? I cant believe how deep into this we are. Cant see the light thanks if your out there

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12