Thread: Fan issue settings or software fault???

Default Fan issue settings or software fault???

I do a lot of conversions and harness stuff....
    Lately, Ive noticed that even though, I use the Fan Patch, and then set my fans to come on usually at 95c by setting everything above that to 100% and below that to 0%
    So after it has flashed, and you suck it back out again, it is set to 84c.... wtf... and the strange thing is, if you open the tune, it is also set to 84c, so it seems to save it wrong
    So usually if I reset that gain to 95c, it works ok.... BUT... as luck would have it, on my own vehicle, now using OS 12639270..... (hmmm, Ive noticed a few weird things with this OS over the years...) that with mine, it doesn't matter what I set the fans temps to, the fans come on at 84c, and if you read the tune back out, it has what ever you put in.... whether that be 95c, or 104c... so its giving it the correct instructions but fans come on at 84, and Im not sure if they cycle, or switch off, because its pretty hard to get it below that temp, unless you give it a rest, then if its say, showing 77c, then they will stay off until 84c...
    I haven't updated to latest software, but find it strange all the same...
    Any help please

Lifetime Member

fan patch won't appear unless you have the EFILive connected prior to starting the software. So it will not show the new scaling on the table. Try connecting the v2 before starting the tune tool.
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    fan patch won't appear unless you have the EFILive connected prior to starting the software. So it will not show the new scaling on the table. Try connecting the v2 before starting the tune tool.
    Yeah done 100's like that, but thats what Im saying, it makes no difference when you do it and set the temps 0 and 100% at any temp range and full flash etc the fans still come on at 84c
    Unfortunately at present i dont have another AAR2 ecm to try, as I think it must be just this ecm, but its weird that Ive been having this trouble only recently with all models, where I program it to be on at 95c, but when you read it later, its at 84c, but if you then change it back to 95c and reflash, its fine.... except on this current AAR2 BCC code ecm

I've found something that I'm sure never used to happen, where, if you open a e38 calibration with the dongle attached, and then look at the fans settings you will see that the values start at 89c, ok?
    Now apply the Fan patch and save it, then take another look at Fan settings.... still start at 89c, right?
    Now reopen the saved calibration, and have a look at the fan settings.... they now start at 76c....
    I realize that you need to save stuff like VVE tables to take effect, but it seems also on this Fan Patch.... have any of you spotted this..
    So what i was doing, was applying the patch, (amongst all the other things needed in conversions) and then set my fans to come on at 95c, which happens to be 3 temp settings above 89c, and then save it all..... BUT, in the process it actually leaves the fan switch on point at still 3 temp setting above 76c which is 84c.
    If you then edit this back to 95c and save, it stays there and is ok....

However, in my own vehicle, this was not happening, and whatever I made the temperature turn on point, and saved it, and then rechecked it, then reflashed it in vehicle, the fan would still come on at 84c, even if you read the tune out again from the ecm, it still read what you you set it at.....
    So I pulled the ecm out and reflashed it on the bench, and hey presto, fixed it....
    Anyone else experienced this??
    I have had other problems occasionally in other actual Commodore vehicles, where I found if I removed the ecm and reflashed on the bench, it fixed it, so am wondering if it something in my Dongle or laptop....