Thread: OS software change possibilities 2015 CM2350B

Default OS software change possibilities 2015 CM2350B

Hey guys, so this is my first post ever on this forum. Ive been a diesel technician for 19 years with 12 in a dealership. Now have my own shop. I have vast experience with cummins and insite programing and reflashing. My question being, is it plausible to change the Currently stock OS in a 2015 6.7 with another OS that Was not initially released with certain monitors installed?

Any advise or knowledge is greatly appreciated
    Have a blessed day.

Cummins ECM's are pretty good in that you can put in any other OS from the same ECM type, early on there was some exceptions to this (early HD ECM's), but on the CM2350B they will take any OS from another 2350B.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Cool thank you for the information

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Cummins ECM's are pretty good in that you can put in any other OS from the same ECM type, early on there was some exceptions to this (early HD ECM's), but on the CM2350B they will take any OS from another 2350B.
    Thanks for that info.
    Does the same hold true for the CM2450B ecms in the 2019 and 2020 Cummins Ram applications?
    Would be nice if they work the same.
    TIA

Not from what I hear, but it is the TCM that is the problem. TCM software year must match the ECM or you have problems.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Not from what I hear, but it is the TCM that is the problem. TCM software year must match the ECM or you have problems.
    Thank you for the info.
    So from that , I assume that any problems would be specific to a vehicle equipped with an Aisin transmission. Would the 68RFE trucks not be affected, because
    the transmission control resides in the engine ecm (PCM or Powertrain Control Module, as FCA calls it), and is part of a full ecm flash?
    Also, have you at EFI live ever considered mapping the Aisin TCM?. Is it very different from say an Allison TCM, in terms of function and software structure.?
    Or is the lack of software tools a hindrance to be able to do much with the Aisin TCM? Just curious to know why the Aisin tcm is such a closed book.
    TIA.

Aside from the TCM changes causing issues there is also lots of other modules on the vehicle that need to be all talking the same language and often these also are year model specific.
    Personally I wouldn't interchange those year model OS's for the 2450B, others who have done it may say it is fine.

Have never looked too deep at the Aisin TCM, I would expect zero similarities between it and the Allison TCM as far as operation goes, different companies, different ideas.