Thread: E80 no spark / fuel

Default E80 no spark / fuel

I
    Attached Files Attached Files

Don't know what happened: I’m helping with a 2016 Camaro LTG turbo / E80 into a 1966 Triumph. We are using most of the original harness. Car ready to start. Fuel pump primes and engine cranks but there is no spark or injector activity. Scanning we see crank counts and a tach signal. We applied the VATS patch and enabled the Auto Learn. Went through full flash and relearn process. Still no joy. Anything you would be willing to share?

As a test can you wire up a relay to the Starter Control Output on the ECM ? (only needed as a test)
    I think it is Blue-44 on the E80, I assume you have the wiring diagrams so it should be easy to confirm how it is done.

EDIT: No even easier is to save the attached .calz file into the folder:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations\E80

Then search for the parameter G1219 "Starter Relay Diagnostic" - Change to Disabled, (cal flash only needed to change that parameter) and see if it starts then.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GMPX; April 27th, 2020 at 05:11 PM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

You were correct...pin 44. But no joy. The relay shows no indication of getting voltage. To reduce the level of panic, we are going back to basics, pin to pin checks to be sure all are in correct cavity.

The thing with this is the ECM (for whatever reason) needs to think the relay is there before it would enable spark or fuel. However turning off the check via G1219 also works (did you try the .calz ?)
    But back to basics to make sure everything is in the right spot is probably a good idea as well.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I did load the 12672628.calz to C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V7.5\Calibrations\E80. But the navigator could not find the parameter G1219 when I opened the E80 file. The starter relay is installed but does not activate when cranking. Using a Matco scanner, the parameter "Engine Crank Command" says "no". We believe this to be the key; but, continue to do pin-to-pin checks.

Lifetime Member

You should have gotten a prompt from Windows to replace the .calz file. I tried using the attached .calz posted and your file, I see a new folder "Cranking" below "VATS" (System -> Cranking) that contains G1219 Starter relay diagnostic.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I did get the prompt. Then the box saying it exists already and do you want to replace it? I sad yes and it appears to have saved. When I then open the E80 file the only Parameters listed under VATS are G1210, G1209, G1214,and G1215. No sub parameter for Cranking.

Interesting. Based on the ScarabEpic22 challenge, I repeated the process but made it a two step process. I saved the .calz to an open folder on the drive. Then 'moved' the .calz to the E80 folder. Got the question about do you really want to do this? Yes. Something different happened because where the original file in the folder had a several years old date (even after previous 'saves'), it now says 4/29/2020. I opened the E80 file. Sure enough it now has a Cranking parameter. Thanks! I'll try tomorrow.