Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is my tuning goal?

I pull to a stop, depress the clutch and the idle just keeps going down quickly until it dies. THink of the rpms being held by the throttle to 3000. Let off the gas and the rpms drop down... well it just keeps dropping to off.

I just got back from another try at gathering data and the idle held fine this time but I couldn't drive the car. It was missing and stumbling. It was NOT a happer camper. Give me a few minutes to gather my screens and I'll show you what I did.
    2014 Corvette Convertible, Torch Red, A6, Z51, 3LT, NPP Exhaust

The car ran well (except for the idle) on the initial SD tune setp. My VE tables were multiplied by15% from the stock tune. After running and recording, I got these two MAPs, averaged, filtered and ignore empty cells. I then tossed these into the SD tune with the "Paste and multiply with labels". I loaded the primary and backup tables that way.

This time as I tried to gather additional data the car idled at 850 but was impossible to drive. It stumbled and bucked so badly at trying to drive slowly out of the housing plat that I gave up, stopped, reloaded the stock tune and hooked up the MAF. I then could drive the car home.

Is there anything else you would like to see?

Elmer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sdmap001.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	174.6 KB 
ID:	760   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sdmap002.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	149.3 KB 
ID:	761  

Assuming your Desired Airflow table is reasonably close that does sound like it could be the Throttle Cracker decaying too fast. Perhaps check/reduce the rate in the B437 and B4319 tables.
    Perhaps also log the GM.IAC_TF_DMA pid (under the Idle section).
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Looks like you are running 30% too much fuel based on the BEN factor being 0.70. Also you mention backup VE table, you must be running a 99 OS? Have you considered upgrading to a 01 or 02 OS, or do you not have the Commercial version? If not it would be the best $150 you could ever spend
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

I saw that 30% and I feel the car is running too rich but the reduction in the VE tables really made it run like a dog.

Thinking further, I took the original VE tables and multiplied by 15%, this MAP said drop it 30% so I actually netted a 15% drop from the stock tables and it didn't like it.

Oh :( Well not an option then.

Try out the Throttle Follower suggestion first then. I know a few people that have had that same issue. I assume the 98 OS has those tables?
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Quote Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl
    I saw that 30% and I feel the car is running too rich but the reduction in the VE tables really made it run like a dog
    Did you run through the calibration of the LC-1 so that it is making the correct calculation of AFR based on output voltage? Just asking cause that will obviously affect the AFR readings, BEN factor etc. And, I've come across a couple of guys that didn't calibrate right and ended up chasing their tails big time...
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Ok, are we still talking "idle" or "stumbling"? The 2nd time out the darn thing idled ok but wouldn't run worth a snot.

My cal was O2 sensor out of the pipe in open air. I haven't recalibrated it since that first time. I need to let it sit overnight before I press the button and try a recalibration

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast