Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is my tuning goal?

By calibrated I meant more the configuration of the LC-1 voltages to match up with the LC-1 Tutorial and what is preconfigured in the "sae_generics.txt" file.

Idle and stumbling I think are linked. If the Throttle Follower airflow is decayed to quickly it can cause the car to just die. The result is that the RPM drops too quickly and the car does not recover before it dies. If you reduce the Follower decay rate you should see the RPM fall more gradually/slowly and may keep the car from dying.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

If that is the Innovate LM programmer settings in the LC-1 Installation Tutorial on this site on pages 6 - 9, I made those settings via the serial port cable.
    2014 Corvette Convertible, Torch Red, A6, Z51, 3LT, NPP Exhaust

It's after 10 PM here. Geezers need down time. Please note that the idle WORKED the 2nd time I ran on the SD tune. What didn't work was the driveability.

Do you have LM-1 or LC-1? I have a PLX WB so don;t have to mess with voltage settings or calibration for that matter

Feel free to hit me up on MSN if you want. This is good for my post count but it might be easier to have a semi real time discussion?
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Ok, back in the saddle (so to speak).

I have the LC-1 Innovate wideband.

Recap of situation after talking to "Doc" on Saturday, my driveability issue may have been due to the fact that I was tuning in Open Loop and "NOT" zeroing out the fuel trims before I tried to drive the car after updating the VE tune.

The wideband said I was "rich" and I couldn't agree more so the reduction of the fuel was what I expected. SInce my initial setup took the VE table +15% and the first MAP run dropped it .70 (30%) I deduced that I netted a -15% reduction in fuel on the first MAP update.

Some more questions that have come up...

How in the world do you fill 50 counts in ALL OF THOSE FIELDS! I see that as nothing short of impossible. With that in mind... IS there a "logic" to entering estimates of what the missing fields should be to get the VE table more in a smooth line?

If I get a really stupid large change, would it make sense to average the "spike" by working on getting it reasonably in line with the surrounding cells?
    Last edited by eboggs_jkvl; July 16th, 2006 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl
    Ok, back in the saddle (so to speak).

I have the LC-1 Innovate wideband.

Recap of situation after talking to "Doc" on Saturday, my driveability issue may have been due to the fact that I was tuning in Open Loop and "NOT" zeroing out the fuel trims before I tried to drive the car after updating the VE tune.

The wideband said I was "rich" and I couldn't agree more so the reduction of the fuel was what I expected. SInce my initial setup took the VE table +15% and the first MAP run dropped it .70 (30%) I deduced that I netted a -15% reduction in fuel on the first MAP update.

Some more questions that have come up...

How in the world do you fill 50 counts in ALL OF THOSE FIELDS! I see that as nothing short of impossible. With that in mind... IS there a "logic" to entering estimates of what the missing fields should be to get the VE table more in a smooth line?

If I get a really stupid large change, would it make sense to average the "spike" by working on getting it reasonably in line with the surrounding cells?
    You cheat a little...

after a few iterations of filtering < 50 counts, set the filter count to 15 or 10 and try again;

the cells you don't hit won't matter since you'll never hit them...

having said that, a session on the dyno will allow you to fill most of the cells;

as for spikes, I tried smoothing but they just came back with further iterations, so I just don't smooth anymore, seems to run very good, BEN's at 1.00+/-0.01 (OLSD+PE) for my daily driving (stop/go/pt, on ramp 0-70 wot, and 100 mph blasts).

Quote Originally Posted by joecar
    You cheat a little...

after a few iterations of filtering < 50 counts, set the filter count to 15 or 10 and try again;

the cells you don't hit won't matter since you'll never hit them...

having said that, a session on the dyno will allow you to fill most of the cells;

as for spikes, I tried smoothing but they just came back with further iterations, so I just don't smooth anymore, seems to run very good, BEN's at 1.00+/-0.01 (OLSD+PE) for my daily driving (stop/go/pt, on ramp 0-70 wot, and 100 mph blasts).

Ah, OK, 10 or 15 would get me some data. I can see that logic. I'll simply NEVER get data on 6000+ as my rev limiter is at 6250 and I simply don't run that high in the rev band.

As I am turbocharged, will this give me grief under boost? Another way, does the settings in my WOT table need to be reexamined as I will be running with a lower VE table number?

I don't know anything about boost, other than it's safer if your VE is over rather than under.

GOing to give this the old college try on THursday. I'm heading over to DPI and put it on the chassis dyno to be able to get samples in most of the fields. I may be walking home afterwards but I'm gonna give it a whirl.

Elmer

Well, the old college try fell straight on it's ass. Battery is toast, so replaced the Optima with an Optima. Good so far. Now the TPS is toast. Replaced the TPS with a good TPS. Good so far. Fuel pressure is falling. Replacing the walbro255 and POS boostapump with an Aeromotive 1000 and a fuel pump controller. Parts due in on Tuesday.

Sigh...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast