Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G8 GT L76 Full Exhaust Tune File

The vin will be different I think you want to compare and then make a new tune file but leave your new tune file tire size the same...

Lmk if you need more help

ok, so you would suggest pulling my current tune file and then just copy and paste each table into my file? I was just wondering if it would be easier to flash your file as I believe the vin can be changed with DVT functions in the scan tool and just change tire size? I could be wrong on this however. In the trans tune will the shift points still be accurate even though I have 2.92 gears with stock tires?

Thanks for the help!

Ahh just tried the comparison feature mentioned in an earlier post, that makes life a lot easier, I will take your advice of just copying in the altered tables. To my current tune file. Wasn't aware of that feature.

Thanks,
    Greg

How did this work out? Any troubles? When you go wot does the trans hunt or skip gears? Is it faster ? Lmk. Anything you don't like about the tune file?

Do you have a wideband o2?

Nick, the car rolled with the tune. However with fuel prices shooting up around here I decided to turn AFM back on. With your tune file the car was very harsh with disengagement of AFM my guess is this was related to torque management so for the time being I flashed in the factory file. The only issue I experienced was one time I went WOT from about a 20 mph roll and the car fell straight on its face almost as if it shut off, then picked back up and went fine, was very strange possibly just a prolonged downshift? All in all your tune really woke the car up all around. Aside from those couple of mentioned areas I have nothing bad to say about it. I ended up just using my factory tire size and shift speeds in your transmission tune as well.

And unfortunately currently no wideband in the car, figured I would hold off until down the road when the car gets cammed... If it gets cammed lol.

Sorry for not checking in with you on this.

Thanks,
    Greg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12