Thread: Engine LLT Stand Alone

Default Engine LLT Stand Alone

Hello ! My name is Mauricio, and i'm from brazil.

I have a LLT Engine, that cames from a Holden Commodore, and i'm trying to use this engine in a project, with manual transmission. So I need to make it works stand alone.
    So i bought in USA an E69 ECM, reprogrammed, but they couldn't remove VATS. SO i was looking, and saw that Chevrolet Transverse uses the same engine, but with E39 ECM.
    Is it possible, uses E39 ECM on my project ?? E39 Vats can be removed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	67184836_1143921205806191_2227246799914008576_o.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	23299

Thank you !!

Mauricio, I am not sure if the E39 can be used instead of the E69 on that engine (someone else might know). But you can certainly disable the VATS on the E39 ECM if that ECM can be used.
    I'm surprised someone out there can't turn off the VATS for you, maybe someone in Europe where the Bosch ECM's are very popular with tuners.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Hello GMPX !! Thanks for your answer...here in brazil, this engines are uncommon, everything is more difficult here...

But I hope to get good news here.

Thank you!!

Lifetime Member

EFILive doesnt support E69s for tuning or VATS deletes, you can only read and write them. There is no tuning support.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    EFILive doesnt support E69s for tuning or VATS deletes, you can only read and write them. There is no tuning support.
    Erik, Mauricio said that he got the ECM reprogrammed in the USA but the tuner couldn't remove the VATS, it might not have even been an EFILive tuner that supplied it.
    I think the question is now that it appears nobody is able to disable the VATS on the E69, can the E39 with a harness change etc be used instead on the LLT as it is.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

GMPX, could you PM me pls

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Erik, Mauricio said that he got the ECM reprogrammed in the USA but the tuner couldn't remove the VATS, it might not have even been an EFILive tuner that supplied it.
    I think the question is now that it appears nobody is able to disable the VATS on the E69, can the E39 with a harness change etc be used instead on the LLT as it is.
    Ah gotcha Paul, I glossed over that! I looked around a bit and see a few shops mentioning E69 and VATS deletes, but not sure if they're successful or not.

For an E39 swap from an E69, I'm guessing you'd need to look at every aspect of it as I can't find anyone who's mentioned it either. I see the LLT was used on 2013-2016 Chevy Traverse' (instead of the LFX) and use the E39A. I'm not that familiar with these ECMs, but you could look at doing an E39A swap and it'll likely be straightforward. As long as the crank/cam/VVT signals are compatible, swapping throttle bodies or sensors would be a simple task if needed.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bjmauricio View Post
    Hello ! My name is Mauricio, and i'm from brazil.

I have a LLT Engine, that cames from a Holden Commodore, and i'm trying to use this engine in a project, with manual transmission. So I need to make it works stand alone.
    So i bought in USA an E69 ECM, reprogrammed, but they couldn't remove VATS. SO i was looking, and saw that Chevrolet Transverse uses the same engine, but with E39 ECM.
    Is it possible, uses E39 ECM on my project ?? E39 Vats can be removed.

Thank you !!
    Mauricio, contact these guys as they can do VATS deletes on the E69 ECM - https://www.trifectaperformance.com/

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Mauricio, contact these guys as they can do VATS deletes on the E69 ECM - https://www.trifectaperformance.com/
    Hello, i contacted them, but it is U$ 498 only to remove VATS...i think it's so expensive.

I guess, changing the ECM to E39, will be better. But first, i need to be sure, that it's possible.

Well you will need to get an E39 wiring harness (not sure how much that might cost) and then spend hours changing it, expense versus time is the problem you have.