Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: struggling newbie needs direction

Can someone confirm the log I took has the info I need? I have a short log made and I need to learn how to proceed. So far most of my effort has been in trying to get this far I haven't started reading what to do next. I'm just trying to verify that where I'm at is where I should be so far.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2002 Duramax
    project Jeep Wrangler to CJ conversion with a LS engine and 6L80e transmission underway

I decided I'd better make another log. This time I used an old tablet computer. Is this better?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2002 Duramax
    project Jeep Wrangler to CJ conversion with a LS engine and 6L80e transmission underway

Your last log is close. If you open it and click on the data tab, you can see your minimum, maximum, and average values for each PID. There should be data for the CALC.VET, CALC.LTFTBEN, and CALC.SELBEN PIDs but they stay at 1, 0, or N/A for the whole log.

I clicked on the PIDs tab, it looks like CALC.SELBEN has a red x. Right clicking and choosing More Info shows that you need to log the CALC.WO2BEN PID as well. Make sure you have that PID selected, do a short log, then stop the log and take a look at the data tab to make sure you're getting data for each PID you have selected.

I'm not really sure why but on my computer screen I see two lines for CALC.VET and one line is populated. Same for CALC.VEN. Just curious if you used my calc_pids.txt file to view the log or doesn't that matter?

Here is what my log looks like on my screen.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	data.png 
Views:	149 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	23342
    Curious why mine shows data?

Also I went ahead and completed the steps in the tutorial and came upe with this. I don't plan to try running it. It doesn't look right to me.

Name:	afterward.png 
Views:	178 
Size:	142.6 KB 
ID:	23343

Is it normal to have the scan software need to replot the log file everytime it opens?

Edit:
    I see why there are two lines each for those. One is percent and one is g*K/kPa.
    Last edited by jeeper; June 8th, 2020 at 01:11 AM.
    2002 Duramax

I might have seen incorrect data if I'm missing your wideband PIDs.

It looks like you're really close. Make sure the units from your logged correction map are the same as your tune's VE table. I highly recommend keeping everything in metric units and using the VE units, not percent.

Your first VE update looks like you copied percent values into a table with VE units. Notice that the maximum allowed value in your VE table is 10.0, and the peaks are at that maximum.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Also yes, when you open a log everything will need to update. Same when you apply a filter.

How do I verify what my logged units are?
    2002 Duramax

Edit your map in the scan tool. The first tab for data should let you choose a PID and it's units. Check there, make sure it is g*K/kPa.

It looks like they match but I'm probably missing something?

Name:	map_properties.png 
Views:	144 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	23344

Name:	VE_Table_units.png 
Views:	141 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	23345
    2002 Duramax

I'm curious if maybe my results are indicating I have a vacuum leak somewhere? I've already checked for one because I suspected one earlier in the process but I didn't fine one. I'm going to test for a vacuum leak again and this time try to be more deliberate.

I just ran through the process again of calc.vet but got the same results. If I continue to try the same thing over again expecting different results I think there's a word for that...

The thing is, the engine is running the best it's ran since I started this whole process and I haven't even made a proper tune yet.

With LTFT and closed loop disabled the Jeep is very drivable. It is a tad rich at idle but at cruise speed it is sometimes staying right around 14 AFR on my wideband.
    2002 Duramax

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast