Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: struggling newbie needs direction

Lifetime Member

jeeper, your fuel trims will work better if you connect your bank 1 O2 sensors to the exhaust on the left side of the engine (drivers side). Bank 2 is the right side of the engine.

Thanks statesman. I remember looking up what side they were supposed to be on after I posted in that other thread and I have not changed it yet. I will start there for sure.
    2002 Duramax
    project Jeep Wrangler to CJ conversion with a LS engine and 6L80e transmission underway

So I did another quick run after swapping the O2 sensor inputs around. I will say the AFR did improve slightly on my warm up ride, but the overall results are similar to before. This leads me to start wondering if maybe the formula is incorrect from my WB. The calc_pids.txt I copied from was actually from another WB that isn't exactly like mine but I thought may work. I'm guessing the lambda equation may be wrong though. I'm going to try and modify it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	second.png 
Views:	110 
Size:	202.8 KB 
ID:	23347  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2002 Duramax
    project Jeep Wrangler to CJ conversion with a LS engine and 6L80e transmission underway

No change after modifying my calc_pids.txt. What am I missing?

Name:	NO_CHANGE.png 
Views:	104 
Size:	66.2 KB 
ID:	23349  
    2002 Duramax

Can you attach a copy of your calcpids file?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

This is my current calc_pids.txt. I am renaming it and attaching it here so I don't get confused by it.

I'm wondering if I don't have the proper understanding of how this works. My 30,000 foot assessment is the calc_pids.txt tells the software what hardware to look for and how to use the data from that hardware once (or during) the data is collected? And if this assumption is correct which part of the calc_pids.txt is getting used to calculate the new VE table data?

Edit: after further consideration it seems likely it's the calc.selben portion? If so it would make sense (assuming I understand the theory correctly) that in my calc_pids file the calc.selben is listed in % and it is first in the file. Maybe that needs to be either removed or relocated?
    Last edited by jeeper; June 8th, 2020 at 09:25 AM.
    2002 Duramax

I made a few small changes to your text file as follows:

1. Moved your definition of your wideband to chronological order (30 before 32).
    2. Added AFR as a unit.
    3. Removed CALC.AEM.LAM from two of the expressions and used the explicit calculation for the lambda of your AEM calculation.
    4. Updated the calculation for PID 110. It was using the external WO2 PID, not your AEM calculation.

See if that helps.

GB-current_calc_pids.txt
    Last edited by pinstripebob; June 8th, 2020 at 01:07 PM.

Thanks Bob. I was just in process of reading how to create the pids using the Auto VE tutorial. It spells it out pretty good so far.

One thing I noticed when I put your file in place was an error "duplicate AFR unit". I commented out the AFR under *UNITS and can open the software now but I didn't see a duplicate entry for AFR in the file. I couldn't understand why it was giving me an error for it. I even did a search for it using "Ctrl + F" and let the computer find all instances of "AFR". It didn't list any duplicates...Then I read the explanation tab of the error. I assume it will work without the added AFR unit. I will try it tomorrow and report back.

Thank you for the help. It is really appreciated.

Name:	duplicate.png 
Views:	99 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	23354  
    Last edited by jeeper; June 8th, 2020 at 02:06 PM.
    2002 Duramax

I'm guessing I still don't have a proper formula.

Name:	after_GB_Current.png 
Views:	107 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	23357  
    2002 Duramax

Can you make a map that shows your wideband's AFR or EQR plotted against RPM and MAP? This should show if you're seeing reasonable values from your wideband.

Also, are you applying the CALC.VET filter mentioned in the tutorial and replotting your map?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast