Thread: June 2020, Beta Release

Default June 2020, Beta Release

**THIS VERSION HAS NOW BEEN REPLACED WITH Beta Release #2 here https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...350#post252350 **

ATTENTION - BETA SOFTWARE RELEASE
    We strongly recommend that you do not install the beta software over the top of your production systems. It is possible that the beta test software may fail and your production system may not be recoverable. lf you conduct a tuning business, please take the necessary precautions to protect your business. EFILive recommends beta testers use a separate FlashScan V3/V2 device (when installing the latest beta firmware) and only install the EFILive beta test software on a separate PC, laptop or virtual machine.

For users dealing with the V3 Autocal products you must use this release and ensure that all devices have the firmware updated to the version in this release prior to being used on vehicles.

The current public release is available here.

Release Notes:

Version Numbers:
    After installing this beta release you should have the following software and firmware versions installed:

• EFILive V7 software: V7.5.30 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).
    • EFILive V8 software: V8.3.1 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).
    • FlashScan/AutoCal V3 Firmware: V3.00.041 (June 10, 2020).
    • FlashScan/AutoCal V2 Firmware: V2.07.161 (May 30, 2020).

Download here:

Known Issues:
    Issue #1:
    VERY long flash times for customers using V2 hardware on CME & CMF Controllers.
    Workaround:
    Please replace the following files on your hardware or PC. - CMB_F.obj, CMC_F.obj, CMD_F.obj, CME_F.obj, CMF_F.obj (all attached to this post as a zip file).
    Extract the files into here: C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Config
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GMPX; June 19th, 2020 at 12:59 PM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Is my 19 colorados (North American) able to have DSP4? I was told it would with the beta release. Thanks

DSP4 OS's are not done for the updated OS's from GM (the standard GM OS's are), not sure who said they would be in this release but they may have been confused.
    Anyway, the new 2016-2020 GM E98 OS's will be getting worked on for DSP conversions now that the software is out (OS's like 24000143, 24000172 etc).
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

TCM licensing is now free for both V2 and V3 devices.
    Yay no more licensing shitty old T42 controllers.

Already had T43 stream so.. Noice!

Any timeline on going full Public Release with this? I am needing to ship ACV3 out to customers, but not wanting to update my software to beta due to issues that might arise with beta releases.
    Or Ross do you not for see issues and telling my current AC2 customers to update to Beta 48 to keep up with any tune revisions I might have to send them, being a problem?
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    2014 Ram 3500 Aisin tuning Emissions Equipped
    EFI Live Cummins BETA Tester
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    silverbullettuning@gmail.com
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
    http://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletTuninig

Quote Originally Posted by 2007 5.9 View Post
    Any timeline on going full Public Release with this? I am needing to ship ACV3 out to customers, but not wanting to update my software to beta due to issues that might arise with beta releases.
    Or Ross do you not for see issues and telling my current AC2 customers to update to Beta 48 to keep up with any tune revisions I might have to send them, being a problem?
    Les, Full Public release will be at least a few weeks away.
    Cheers,
    Ross

This thread is now closed, release #2 software is available here https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...350#post252350

Cheers,

Ross