Thread: Dealer warranty

Default Dealer warranty

Does anyone know if the dealerships can verify a truck has been tuned with EFILive and void a Custer's warrant? There seems to be a lot of yes and no out there. I have a customer asking with a new 2019.

The ECM's have reflash counters if the dealer knows where to look. I don't know if their tools have the ability to show that.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Where would they look for the counter? I have a Snap On Modus scanner. If I can see that, then they would also.

I'm not familiar with these controllers but most times this is stored in nvram where reading and altering require "security" access.

Thank you for that information I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedshafts View Post
    Where would they look for the counter? I have a Snap On Modus scanner. If I can see that, then they would also.
    It is just a simple CAN message, so any scantool can see it if they know what to send. I don't know what tools Dodge use at the dealerships but I would be 99% sure they can see it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CMF Reflash Counter.png 
Views:	181 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	23366
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Okay, I see now. That makes sense and since it is a brand new truck they should have record of how many flashes it has had. That could be a giveaway for them. Do the checksums have anything to do with it?

Wrong forum and sorry for the sidetrack, do you happen to have the mode info for this in the e92?

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedshafts View Post
    Do the checksums have anything to do with it?
    I'm not 100% sure because the ECM has several different checksum methods happening at once over different ranges of the ECM.
    But because the ECM is in total control of the flash process on the Dodge ECM it is probably the ECM that increments the counter given it knows it just got flashed.

Re the E92 comment, at some point GM did stop relying on the CVN to log flashes, but we don't attempt to disguise that the ECM has been flashed so I've not kept up to speed on what they are doing now.