Looking through all the jumbled E85 conversion info it appears like no one is interested in the virtual flex fuel system. I think it is a great idea and if GM was confident enough to use it for a few years (they eventually went back to a hard sensor) I am definitely comfortable in using it. If I end up going FI I would probably invest in a sensor or either run full time E85.

I took a 2006 L59 Tahoe/Yukon OS (12605114) (I believe 2006 was the first year of virtual sensors) and copied over every table that I saw was different from my Escalade OS (12592618). It appears to have worked since I had a little gas left in the tank and I filled up with about 5 gallons of E85 and started driving and the E85% PID went from 3% to around 60 then settled at about 56%.

However, with the 06 os on the 05 Escalade, something has messed up the throttle position scaling. I can only get around 50% throttle. I also get a generator L terminal code, and a U1000 communications code on the PCM. I tried disabling the DTC enablers for those in the tune file which stopped the engine light but didn't help the limited throttle problem.

I also tried using the 06 os electronic throttle to TPS conversion tables as well since they were a little different which I think may have changed the throttle limit from about 40% to around 56%.

I just have no idea what could be causing this since as far as I know the L59 throttle body and TAC controller are the same as the 05 LQ9 on the Escalade.