Thread: Help! E38 ECM, 6.2 Escalade, NEW Complete Motor, Transmission, consistently LEAN

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Help! E38 ECM, 6.2 Escalade, NEW Complete Motor, Transmission, consistently LEAN

Hi everyone. Not new to EFI Live per say, but new to the gas tuning portion.
    I have and V2 Unit, with appropriate licenses for my 2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT 6.2L with 6L80E Luxury editon.

Bought the Vehicle in Febuary. 90 miles in, upper valve train noise, and issues with transmission.
    Had several codes for Lean Condition, Several Transission Codes, Brake Switch, Stabilitrac, etc.

First we replaced (3) Brake Switches, MAF, Spark Plugs, Coils, Plug Wires, as well as dropped all fluids. No avail to it keep throwing lean codes as well as transmission codes.
    Fuel trims were constantly 17 and 13 respectavly.

GMC Dealership stated motor was shot, and transmission grenaded on them during test drive.

Swung for a GM 6.2 Long Block, as well as new GM 6L80E.

Upon all that work being done, fuel trims went right back to 17 and 13, transmission and brake codes again.

Replaced everything listed below:
    Injectors
    Intake Plenum with PCV Valve, MAP Sensor, Valve cover with PCV Valve, all vacuum hoses.
    (3) GM MAF's
    Water pump
    Alternator

All electrical connectors have been gone through, and looking for broken pins or corrosion. Nothing.

I could be forgetting replaced parts, but Ive been 1k dimed to death every week since for this truck...

Figured out that the transmission issues were because it was missing a fuse. We have no idea how long that fuse was missing, and repair shops all state that they never pulled it, nor got that far in the diag before we replaced everything. The transmission was programmed by GM with that fuse missing??? Hold questions, but I do want to here them.

Truck drives fine, and all transmission codes have gone away.

While not throwing a lean code yet, scanner states LT fuel trims are 15 and 13 respectfully and short terms fluctuate +/-3%.

No vacuum leaks, everything related has been fixed.

Pulled out the EFI Live Scanner to get an initial read to see if someone had tried to tune this thing prior to my ownership for I bought it used.

Have no file to compare it too.

TPS says it is at 20% but the ECM wants 9%, TPS Voltage is 0.98 V, I read good stock value should be 0.5~0.65 respectfully. Mine never comes down below .98.

I could never find the PID for Idle Switch and if the ECM in fact is seeing idle.

I logged several base things that one would want to possibly look at.

Only stock parts relative to the motor are in fact the Throttle Body. It has 165K miles on it.

Below is all the information I think anyone will need.

Please help, I am 35K into this truck... Disgusting I know. I traded my 05 DirtyMax, with 150K miles, owed nothing, and have put a little over 20K in hard cash into it, past the point of getting out of it, im in it to drive out of it for now. My biggest concern is with it adding that much fuel and the CEL gets thrown around 18~20% trims, that I could lose this motor too.

UPDATE: Forgot to add this to the original post, Truck came with a an AFE Cold Air Intake, as well as a CatBack exhaust.
    I did go to the junk yard, and purchased the stock airbox and air intake tube, and tried to see if it was the CAI causing some of the issue. That netted me very little change for better trims. I the diesel world, when we did CAI, we had to rescale the MAF to accommodate for more air. Is the same logic apply in this case?
    Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by raceghost; June 16th, 2020 at 11:24 AM.