Thread: 2001 LB7 says locked with key While trying to tune ecm

Default 2001 LB7 says locked with key While trying to tune ecm

I have tuned this truck many times with different tunes, after it sat for a while, while I was building the engine more, I tried to tune to a hotter tune, and a few other tunes and it says locked with key. I have never had this issue and the tune that is in the truck currently is definitely not locked with a custom key. I was able to re tune the trans but not the ecm. I also have a security light now that I can not figure out or find. I do have the trace file, but can not upload it via my phone apparently. This is my first post, so go easy on me

Quote Originally Posted by Lymansc2 View Post
    I have tuned this truck many times with different tunes, after it sat for a while, while I was building the engine more, I tried to tune to a hotter tune, and a few other tunes and it says locked with key. I have never had this issue and the tune that is in the truck currently is definitely not locked with a custom key. I was able to re tune the trans but not the ecm. I also have a security light now that I can not figure out or find. I do have the trace file, but can not upload it via my phone apparently. This is my first post, so go easy on me
    Sounds like you possibly bricked your ECM. Did you pull the right fuses while tuning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LB7 ECM's are notorious for this, the corrupt and lock themselves!
    You may have to end up getting the ECM sent off to get restored back to how it was, where are you located?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

It sat for 8 months and hasn’t done anything but this since engine reinstall. I’ve pulled fuses while tuning and I have not, never had an issue. Truck still runs and drives

I’m in Grand Rapids michigan

Yes that is what they do, they sit for a while and then next time it is powered up the ECM is corrupted, just bizarre.
    I'll contact a person that should be able to get it restored for you that isn't too far away.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Yes that is what they do, they sit for a while and then next time it is powered up the ECM is corrupted, just bizarre.
    I'll contact a person that should be able to get it restored for you that isn't too far away.
    That would be much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Did you find anyone??

Oh sorry, yes try - http://www.wait4meperformance.com/
    They are near you so turn around should be quick.