Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can HP Tuners Read COS Tunes From EFILive?

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    Maybe you should start flashing some of their "ECM's".................you know, as a way to let them know how serious this can be !!!!
    And lower ourselves to their level

Besides all the late model ECM's that need digital signatures with their software, from what I'm told they resign them with their own sigs so nothing but their software works with them.
    The controllerdiagnostics.com ones are a much better option, at least they aren't vendor locked.
    Last edited by GMPX; June 25th, 2020 at 09:14 AM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    And lower ourselves to their level

Besides all the late model ECM's that need digital signatures with their software, from what I'm told they resign them with their own sigs so nothing but their software works with them.
    The controllerdiagnostics.com ones are a much better option, at least they aren't vendor locked.
    Thanks,

I had no idea.............
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Is efilive has a plan to allow flashing a modified ecm by controllerdiagnostics.com ?

This can already be done in the latest V8 betas for the controllers they unlock (and we fix checksums etc).
    However the format of the .bin files has not been documented for people yet. There is nothing special about the format it is just that the signatures etc all still need to be in place and located at the correct locations in the bin.
    Last edited by GMPX; June 28th, 2020 at 12:34 PM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

That is great news, we have fleet customers looking for 55mph speed limiter, we received 1 controllerdiagnostics.com ecm to do testing , would like to flash a non modified file 1st and confirm the ecm operation is ok ( I have no doubt it is but will do one step at the time) . Is creating 1 binary file from tis2web files is good enough ?
    thanks

EFILive has ZERO mapping on these yet, all you can do is load files and flash them. I know that doesn't bother a lot of users as they have files already done in WinOLS etc, but I thought I have to mention that.
    Yes TIS2WEB files are good but it's not straight forward to get these all merged into one file ready to go. This is why we haven't made much noise about this yet, it's all in the very early stages of being implemented.

Might be worth starting a new thread on this specific topic, it is going to get lost in here.
    Last edited by GMPX; June 28th, 2020 at 05:58 PM.

HPT can read, open, edit and flash several EFI COS. I have tested a few.
    It's not as complete as it is with EFI but it works. IIRC several people requested that feature to be added, I was surprised when I discovered they did it because they usually reject any request that doesn't involve a lot of money for them.
    Last edited by Montecarlodrag; June 29th, 2020 at 01:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Montecarlodrag View Post
    I was surprised when I discovered they did it because they usually reject any request that doesn't involve a lot of money for them.
    Then I wonder what the motive was? Just to reinforce what everyone thinks about how they conduct themselves

Pretty shitty of them IMO

No point dwelling on it, I'm not surprised at all TBH, time to move on.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast