Thread: CM2350 "recovery files"

Default CM2350 "recovery files"

I have a truck that was tuned via another platform. The guy wasn't happy with the customer service and that his phone always struggled to connect to the device.

I flashed the exact tune from one of my trucks to his truck and the truck is behaving "interestingly". I used the full, long flash process when loading the file. I am thinking that maybe some type of corruption occurred and I came across the files listed at this link in my perusing of Google...

Does any one know what these files do?

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...1ZQdjJQeVI2Yms

There are two folders for the 13 to 17 CM2350. I don't know that I want to find out the hard way as to what these files accomplish. Also, don't know if there's any difference between the files in each of the folders.

Just look on the sticker of the ECM and it will have the Cummins E/C printed on there (eg it'll be something like D090001.11), then match it up to one of the files linked to here.

https://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?28187-2010-Cummins-stock-tune-library

If you look through those links by year model, all the files are listed by vehicle type, Dodge CalID and Cummins EC number, couldn't be any easier.
    Corruption during a flash isn't really possible with these, the ECM won't accept the flash if there was corruption. It is more likely the wrong base file was used.
    Last edited by GMPX; June 24th, 2020 at 08:48 AM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Thank you for the reply Ross.

Unfortunately that doesn't really answer my question. I understand that known, good base files are kept in the above mentioned link. I have all of them saved.

My question is that the files on the link that I shared are labelled as "recovery files". I would like to know exactly what this means or the difference between those files and the files listed on the Mega server. Unless, there aren't any differences and the files labelled as recovery are technically base files...

Sorry I don't know as I didn't post them
    I would say they are simply some base files to recover an ECM with or remove a custom OS etc.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.