I may end up making a thread pertaining to the whole car rather than just the VVE, but here goes: I'm working on a 2009 CTSV with a 9.X" lower pulley, 2.5X" upper pulley, long tubes, FIC 850cc injectors, reinfocred brick, and upgraded intercooler HX. With just the pulleys the car did OK for driveability (though it still badly needed a tune), but had wicked IATs as soon as I hooked up the laptop so we did the HX and the car was able to be looked at. Last night we got the AEM talking to EFILive and by that time, my laptop battery down down to a half tank. We went for a drive and I tried hitting as many of the cruise cells as I could. Low boost PE looked good but when I whacked it harder it was pretty lean. I cracked on it briefly twice and took those values (along with the cruise stuff), generated coefficients zone edge align set to 1, then generated VVE. When I copy/pasted with multiply the BENs into the VVE table I had some significant spikes but after generating VVE they were significantly flattened and blended. By this time, the laptop was about dead so I laid into it and it hung in the 12s the first go, but once the car hit 3rd it jumped to the 13s so at that point the goal was just to get home and do another flash with those BENs to rough it in a little closer. I'll admit they felt like dirty flashes, I didn't filter by cell count and didn't hit as many of the cells as I wanted to but the MAP has 2kpa increments so admittedly it's more difficult than working with GenIII stuff. The fact that this car was so damn far off in the first place had me feeling a little better about doing it this way, especially after seeing the extent of blending that occurred when generating VVE. How terrible of an approach is this? I figure after a few more flashes the spikes are going to be smaller and everything is going to find its way where it needs to be. Is this true, or should I go back to the stock VVE map and approach it from a different angle? I can post tunes and logs when I get home. He's coming over today and we'll have enough time to grab one good log and flash the thing before he has to go. One thing that struck me as odd is that with stock VVE it cruised in the 14s, and after flashing it cruised in the 13s. I have to wonder if this isn't from generate VVE blending a little farther from a spike that it needed to? I wonder if a couple more flashes wouldn't clear this up? The car is driving better than it did closed loop stock VVE, but admittedly open loop stock VVE was a huge improvement in driveability too.