Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: L5P ecm flash by EfiLive

Default L5P ecm flash by EfiLive

from this https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...427#post252427 to here as suggested

EFILive has ZERO mapping on these yet, all you can do is load files and flash them. I know that doesn't bother a lot of users as they have files already done in WinOLS etc, but I thought I have to mention that.
    Yes TIS2WEB files are good but it's not straight forward to get these all merged into one file ready to go. This is why we haven't made much noise about this yet, it's all in the very early stages of being implemented.

Might be worth starting a new thread on this specific topic, it is going to get lost in here.

I'm sure it is great news for many, I can live with no mapping for now as our need are not more power and emission delete, I wish Efilive will release more info and capabilities asap. Have received a CDS mod ecm , ready for testing.

A quick summary as these are the challenges that still need to be worked out, for some this isn't going to be an issue.

• If you didn't get your own ECM unlocked you'll need to have the ECM set up like a new ECM would need, eg VATS, Injector Trims etc....I am not sure how this is done on the L5P.
    • You need to get a stock file (probably via TIS) and it will need to be configured to work with EFILive. (currently this requires a lot of manual manipulation of the TIS files).
    • There is some checksums that aren't currently corrected, EFILive needs to have some of these mapped for the V8 editor before that can happen (a no start will result).
    • You need to get an Auth-code for flashing (if you know the ECM Key you can create one), we cannot auto generate Auth-Codes for the E41 at the moment.

Again this is why we have not announced this as a feature as it isn't really ready to roll out yet, it all got put on hold and hidden in the software late last year to focus on the V3 development (and V8 editor).
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Thanks for the update, if you need field test please ask

One of my customers want's me to swap a L5P into a 79 K2500, I think I will go ahead with the mechanical part and wiring, hoping that i can deal with the ECM on a later date. The swap won't start until late fall. We have a complete 2018 duramax truck as donor.

Yes this shouldn't be a problem, VATS disable will be possible like most of the other late model ECM's we do.
    Of course it is an unknown but I can't see why we couldn't make that work.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

That's what i was expecting.. thanks. I know i can use HP, pardon my swearing, but i rather not

Why even mention it then?

If you need a L5P ecm to play with, I can ship one out

Thanks for the offer but we already have 5 of the unlocked ECM's from controllerdiagnostics.com

controller diagnostics doesn't offer that service anymore
    Thanks,

Matt Derks

www.derkscustomcars.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast