Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: June 2020, Beta Release - Release 4

Default June 2020, Beta Release - Release 4

**Edit** New software now available, please see the updated post in the Software Updates and Installation Help forum
    ATTENTION - BETA SOFTWARE RELEASE
    We strongly recommend that you do not install the beta software over the top of your production systems. It is possible that the beta test software may fail and your production system may not be recoverable. lf you conduct a tuning business, please take the necessary precautions to protect your business. EFILive recommends beta testers use a separate FlashScan V3/V2 device (when installing the latest beta firmware) and only install the EFILive beta test software on a separate PC, laptop or virtual machine.

For users dealing with the V3 AutoCal products you must use this release and ensure that all devices have the firmware updated to the version in this release prior to being used on vehicles.

The current public release is available here.

Fix Summary:

Changes to V8 software

• The "Clear DTCs" procedure at the end of the read/flash operation has been updated.
    • When an AutoCal configured to self-sign reads either an E54 (LB7) or an E60 (LLY) controller, the tune file is now self-signed with the correct serial numbers.
    • Save/Save As are now enabled by default in the [F6: Devices] tab page after reading the device settings from a FlashScan or AutoCal device.
    • Cummins HD pass-thru data logging would log corrupt data if invalid PIDs were selected.
    • Cummins HD pass-thru data logging would always fail to start with "no controllers detected" error.

Changes to V2 firmware (V2.07.163)

• No changes since last update.

Changes to V3 firmware (V3.00.044)

• Fixed "Clear DTC" option not working on VPW based controllers.
    • When CVN Data or CVN History is not successfully retrieved from the controller a more user-friendly message is now displayed - instead of error $0281 "No data retrieved".
    • Word wrapping for different font sizes is now handled correctly so that some letters at the start and/or end of lines are not truncated.

Full Release Notes:

Version Numbers:
    After installing this beta release you should have the following software and firmware versions installed:

• EFILive V7 software: V7.5.30 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).
    • EFILive V8 software: V8.3.1 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).
    • FlashScan/AutoCal V3 Firmware: V3.00.044 (Jun 30, 2020).
    • FlashScan/AutoCal V2 Firmware: V2.07.163 (Jun 24, 2020).

Download here:

Known Issues:

Issue #1:
    When Black Box flashing a TCM with V3 it will incorrectly abort the flash with OS incompatibility error.
    Workaround:
    Use pass-through flashing instead until a firmware fix is available.

Issue #2:
    V7.5 will complain about firmware compatibility with V2's running the latest beta firmware from June 24th.
    Workaround:
    None, fix pending.

Issue #3:
    T87 Full Flash failures (various $0101, $0378), or Incompatible OS.
    Workaround:
    None, fix pending, ETA - 17th July or later.

Regards,
    The EFILive Team
    Last edited by cindy@efilive; September 16th, 2020 at 08:34 AM.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I was looking at the E60 in V8. Noticed some cool new params. lol

B9903 - Injector Assignment seems to be referencing the wrong address though. :(
    I have the correct one if you need it. I can PM you.

(:

Also There is a mispelling - AAT_F for cummins 2100 in the v8 Scan for the PID name.
    Josh

'04 GMC LLY
    - L5P, Motech, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans.
    '05 GMC LLY - 250%, 12mm, 67mm Custom Turbo, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans
    '19 3500 RAM - Tuned Aisin 0_o

I'm not sure why B9903 is even in there, looks like it was something we must have been playing with years ago (and I mean, years ago!), would you really ever need that?
    That would not be visible in V7 so I don't know V8 has it, they are essentially just .calz files converted over, mmm.

AAT_F = Amient, LOL, it's only been like that since day one.

Thanks,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I'm not sure why B9903 is even in there, looks like it was something we must have been playing with years ago (and I mean, years ago!), would you really ever need that?
    That would not be visible in V7 so I don't know V8 has it, they are essentially just .calz files converted over, mmm.

AAT_F = Amient, LOL, it's only been like that since day one.

Thanks,
    Ross
    It would be useful for the Alternate Firing order guys instead of having to repin the harness. I had seen it and was like "OOH! That was on my list of things to hunt down. SWEET!" It looked like it was a little off, but it didn't take but 10 seconds to find it.

HAHA! I had seen it scrolling through things today randomly. It happens. Ill probably find more.
    Josh

'04 GMC LLY
    - L5P, Motech, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans.
    '05 GMC LLY - 250%, 12mm, 67mm Custom Turbo, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans
    '19 3500 RAM - Tuned Aisin 0_o

I think what has happened is because that was something that was never shown in V7 (I assume), it is clearly wrong but was never picked up. I also have no idea where it is pulling those numbers from
    That little table is in the ECM OS area as you've seen so I would suggest any change there in V8 or it will brick the ECM.....

Your signature Josh, Tuned Aisin , well done.

A few small bugs I've noticed.

-BBX, I created a few scanner presets and assigned them to F1-F4 hot keys. When on the FSV2 and presented with my list of available PID lists, it shows F1 F2 etc by each list, but the function keys don't work--I have to click up / down then OK. Not a big deal, this has been this way for awhile

-If the SD card in my FSv2 has ever been connected to a PC directly (removed from the FS)....from then on, I cannot open V8 Explorer. The program just sits there using a bunch of cpu usage and "not responding". I have to force close the program. As soon as I go into the FSv2 and format the SD card again, works fine. Sometimes I connect my FS via USB, sometimes I like to just pop out the SD card and I'm not able to easily go back and forth now, kind of a pain.

Thanks!

done a couple of ls1 ecu's lately. when reading the tune out with 7.5 i get a overflow error once download is complete & im unable to save.

also get random OS unsupported errors, but the tunes still open up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    done a couple of ls1 ecu's lately. when reading the tune out with 7.5 i get a overflow error once download is complete & im unable to save.

also get random OS unsupported errors, but the tunes still open up.
    Yeah I've also had some issues with the 7.5 Tune tool. Same reading error. Trying to write I get "this software isnt compatible with your flashscan firmware version, please update software". Running latest firmware and 7.5 and 8 betas.

I too saw those OS unsupported errors. Usually when opening .tun files. Once I re-save as a .ctz it seems to work fine/no errors.

Thanks for the feedback, I assume these are just regular GM LS1 OS's you've both been dealing with?

Yes, LS1B-- P01 and P59 PCM in my case

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast