Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: June 2020, Beta Release - Release 4

Thanks Ross, I will see if we can get it sorted via parallels or an IT tech , it is my backup computer these days anyway.

Lifetime Member

LS1B ECM 02020005 COS, SAE.MAP in v7 scanner stops at 105 kpa. Voltage from MAP on scanner is correct though. V8 scanner works correctly.

Edit, log attached
    2 bar map, scaled correctly
    made 10 lbs on dyno and gauge
    071620_083504.efi
    Last edited by ProperTuningOG; July 16th, 2020 at 08:40 AM.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

That log file you posted shows the same 105 limit in both V7 and V8.
    What makes you think V8 shows a higher value than 105? Can you post a log from V8 that shows SAE.MAP>105?

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

I'm not sure if this entire from the new update, but since downloading it, I'm having issues correctly saving tune files. I change my tune daily in my LMM Duramax, and found that the few tables I had changed and saved, did not save properly. I thought that maybe I hadn't saved it, or something of that nature. I went to dyno my truck, and opened my file to make some changes, only to find the tables I had changed the night before hadn't saved. I was embarrassed a bit as I was in the presence of a professional tuner, so I've made sure since then I save things properly. IT STILL happened just as it had before. I normally save my file with 'save all modifications' function, but have found if I just save it to a new file, it saves properly. I wasted a few dyno pulls not knowing this. But, I'm not sure if it's 100% from the update, but this is the first time I've encountered this issue.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    That log file you posted shows the same 105 limit in both V7 and V8.
    What makes you think V8 shows a higher value than 105? Can you post a log from V8 that shows SAE.MAP>105?

Regards
    Paul
    When live logging in V8 it works just fine. Opening that file that was recorded in V7 is where the problem is, something in V7.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster50iii View Post
    I'm not sure if this entire from the new update, but since downloading it, I'm having issues correctly saving tune files. I change my tune daily in my LMM Duramax, and found that the few tables I had changed and saved, did not save properly. I thought that maybe I hadn't saved it, or something of that nature. I went to dyno my truck, and opened my file to make some changes, only to find the tables I had changed the night before hadn't saved. I was embarrassed a bit as I was in the presence of a professional tuner, so I've made sure since then I save things properly. IT STILL happened just as it had before. I normally save my file with 'save all modifications' function, but have found if I just save it to a new file, it saves properly. I wasted a few dyno pulls not knowing this. But, I'm not sure if it's 100% from the update, but this is the first time I've encountered this issue.
    Is it possible that when you save the file it is saving it with a new name each time, something like LMM_0001.ctz, then LMM_0002.ctz, then LMM_0003.ctz etc?
    Or maybe it is saving the changes to a file with the same name but in a different folder?

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    EFILive now uses a special Microsoft ID string in the USB enumeration (so that it works carefree with Windows built in drivers) and for some reason that appears to be causing problems for Macs.
    A couple of customers have run into this but apparently it still works on some older Macs (indicating the issue sits with the Apple hardware and / or Parallels).
    Sorry to say but at this stage there is little EFILive can do to resolve this, we went to the updated drivers so it was easier for the 99% of customers who are using native Windows machines with EFILive.
    Any chance this is causing the V2 device to lock up , then drop out and suddenly not get recognized by Windows ?

Quote Originally Posted by APS Luis View Post
    Any chance this is causing the V2 device to lock up , then drop out and suddenly not get recognized by Windows ?
    No, the new Windows specific drivers are only for the V3 devices.

The V2 devices still use the old FDTI drivers that they've been using for the last 10 years.

If you are seeing those types of problems, maybe try a different USB port, a different USB cable or maybe even take a look at this thread (it is also relevant for Windows 10)...
    https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...rs-(USB3-xHCI)

Regards
    Paul

I can't seem to get the AD inputs to show anything when logging in V8.

works fine in 7.5

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    I can't seem to get the AD inputs to show anything when logging in V8.

works fine in 7.5
    Just checking, do you mean when logging via a V2 device? (V3's have no AD connections).
    Regards
    Paul

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast