Thread: V3 drivers, help!

Default V3 drivers, help!

I received my first batch of Autocal V3s this week and I'm having a hell of a time getting my computer to recognize the things, I cannot connect with any EFI Live program, says No Autocal found.

I'm on Windows 7. When I go into Device Manager, its listing the new Autocals initially as an HP Printer driver. If I uninstall that, unplug and reconnect, it temporarily shows EFI Live Autocal V3 under "Other Devices" but then it lists it as a WinUSB Device and puts the thing under Universal Serial Bus "devices" instead of "controllers. If I go and manually try and update the drivers going to the specified Programs(X86)>EFILive>Drivers etc folder, if I go to Browse my computer, it says the best driver is already installed, and if I go to Have Disk and go to the folder it pops up saying that the driver isn't specified for 64 bit Windows and check and ensure that its compatible and kicks me out.

I've tried the manual deleting drivers under the Utilities folder using the procedure suggested, that didn't help.

I've downloaded the newest beta, that's the only suggestion I've gotten from support email so far. I need to figure this out to send these to my customers, please help!

Just acknowledging your post has been seen, I have no suggestions sorry but I will point to this thread via internal Emails and see if anyone has any ideas (please keep in mind it is now Saturday in NZ).
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

A successfully installed EFILive V3 device will appear as a WINUSB device using the "Windows Phone" driver on Win7, like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	v7_winusb.png 
Views:	308 
Size:	154.9 KB 
ID:	23420

The Win 7 WINUSB (windows phone) drivers that you should use will be in the folder:

Name:	v7_winusb_driver.png 
Views:	295 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	23421

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Overkill View Post
    I received my first batch of Autocal V3s this week and I'm having a hell of a time getting my computer to recognize the things, I cannot connect with any EFI Live program, says No Autocal found.

I'm on Windows 7. When I go into Device Manager, its listing the new Autocals initially as an HP Printer driver. If I uninstall that, unplug and reconnect, it temporarily shows EFI Live Autocal V3 under "Other Devices" but then it lists it as a WinUSB Device and puts the thing under Universal Serial Bus "devices" instead of "controllers. If I go and manually try and update the drivers going to the specified Programs(X86)>EFILive>Drivers etc folder, if I go to Browse my computer, it says the best driver is already installed, and if I go to Have Disk and go to the folder it pops up saying that the driver isn't specified for 64 bit Windows and check and ensure that its compatible and kicks me out.

I've tried the manual deleting drivers under the Utilities folder using the procedure suggested, that didn't help.

I've downloaded the newest beta, that's the only suggestion I've gotten from support email so far. I need to figure this out to send these to my customers, please help!
    I'm having the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    A successfully installed EFILive V3 device will appear as a WINUSB device using the "Windows Phone" driver on Win7, like this:

Name:	v7_winusb.png 
Views:	308 
Size:	154.9 KB 
ID:	23420

The Win 7 WINUSB (windows phone) drivers that you should use will be in the folder:

Name:	v7_winusb_driver.png 
Views:	295 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	23421

Regards
    Paul
    I have all Files EXCEPT THE WINUSB File.

I Got it figured out now, I re downloaded the Beta release 4.