Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: P59 COS3 04073003 flex fuel issues

so if you will explain to me where that cax file comes from and hows its made? is it all just "you have to know how" to make it? is there somewhere i can learn to do it?

1.) in the same "calibration" folder there is a template.cax that spells out how to create the files, the syntax associated etc. I also just looked a examples posted on here.
    2.) You have to know the memory address for the value or table you want to define...........how do you know that.... there's now quite a few open source tuning solutions out there and some of them have tables of interest and you can skim thru those config files to get what you need. Also you can take a raw binary tune file and use a disassembly program to find these....this is not trivial process.
    3.) Once you have that info you still need to know the scaling for the values and table dimensions, how many bytes each value is etc.

So this maybe falls into "you have to know how" category but I was able to figure some of it out myself, but it was many hours of reading and experimentation etc. And I am no pro by any stretch of the imagination, just starting to scratch the surface of this stuff.

Thats awesome thank you for sharing man i really do appriciate it i dont qant to ever take credit for anyones elses work but i do want to be able to do it on my own. I just recently(within the last year) started tuning ls1b ls1a ect so its incredibly exciting for me. I realize im like 20yrs behind rhe times but i still am fascinated by the amount of control you have tuning the stock pcms.

Also there's no way i would have been able to do any of it without this forum and all the amazing and talented people on here like yourself. Many hrs spent on here before i ever hit a key on the computer.
    Last edited by dmaxguy2008; August 4th, 2020 at 03:24 PM.

Lifetime Member

There is good wealth of info here.
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123