Thread: Programming TCU from Acdelco

Default Programming TCU from Acdelco

Hi, I am new to EFI Live and programming, i have purchased a new flashscan v2, i need to program a new A50 TCU for an allison transmission in a Silverado.

I have been told to program this unit you have to download the file from ACDelco, I don't understand that, because this is what unthought this unit can do, i was told that because it is new TCU you have to download the complete file from Acdelco, i was told that a tune file extracted from a TCU will not work as it is not complete.

This i found out requires another expensive piece of equipment J2534 compliant interface.

Is there a cheap version of this hardware that i can purchase, if not Is there any way around this, as i only want to program one TCU for my truck.

Thanks

EFILive (and HPT) can only flash the controller if it already has a calibration in it (i.e. not blank).

Lifetime Member

Drewtech Mongoose Pro GM II is likely the most affordable option that's been heavily tested. But it's not cheap, I bought mine 5+ years ago for ~$500. There may be other cheaper options out there now, haven't checked in a while. Biggest thing is to make sure whatever hardware can do all the GM protocols (believe there are 3?) via J2534.

You will also need an AC Delco SPS subscription for the VIN regardless of hardware choice, currently $40 for 24mo access for 1 VIN. If you only need to do your 1 TCM, it may be easier to find a shop locally to do it, send it to a shop, or go to the dealer.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.