Thread: maintance required, see dealer now

Default maintance required, see dealer now

I need help with this guys. I'm sorry if it's been covered before but this is annoying the hell out of me. Please bear with as I'm new to this stuff. I'm an old school carburetor and gas engine guy. The last diesel I had was a 92 cummins with a VE pump and 5 speed stick. I got this 2008 mega cab 2500 with a 6.7 in February. I bought it used after I totaled my 2007 1500. I bought the truck used from a dealership in Houston. When the dealer acquired it it had already been tuned and I know the DPF is deleted. The EGR is still on the truck but I am not sure if it has been disabled or not. So the truck ran great when I bought it in February til about may when this overhead message began flashing every 10 minutes. Guys on other forums were suggesting the gas/brake pedal reset. I tried it probably 50 times and successfully got it to reset twice but then it would come back on the next day or so. Other guys suggested trying to use a programmer. Most everyone online recommended a RaceMe programmer. When I asked RaceMe about this problem they stated their programmer did not deal with this issue and suggested I contact Snapon about a scan tool. When I contacted Snapon they weren't sure if their gear would work for this issue. Last month I bought a used RaceMe programmer off facebook marketplace. It was VIN locked to the previous vehicle but the scan option still worked. When I scanned it the first time I got an error code of P0513. I was able to use the tuner to clear out the code. The overhead display message went away for about 5 days. Everytime I cleared it out after that it came back on sooner and sooner. It's about down to 1 day before it pops back up. I went by dodge and told the guy at the service desk. He told me they could clean the EGR for $600 and it would take 2 days to do. I'm so fed up with the message. Is there a fix out there? I've searched everywhere online with different results and suggestions. For the hell of it I searched on facebook and found a post from 2012 from a guy suggesting EFILive helped him get rid of that message.

Nice first post, thanks for the proper grammar.

Throw the RaceMe in the trash where it belongs.

Do you have an EFILive V2? Yes, the message that you would like gone can be disabled. If you're truck is tuned, the current file probably cannot be read out. You can either obtain a clean base file and start tuning or obtain an EFILive based tune from a reputable tuner. There are plenty of options in TX, do a Google search for a diesel shop near you and they can probably get you squared away.

Thanks for the information. I do not have an efilive V2. I don't even know what that is. I guess I will have to start looking around online for one?

Quote Originally Posted by RD TRCTR View Post
    Nice first post, thanks for the proper grammar.

Throw the RaceMe in the trash where it belongs.

Do you have an EFILive V2? Yes, the message that you would like gone can be disabled. If you're truck is tuned, the current file probably cannot be read out. You can either obtain a clean base file and start tuning or obtain an EFILive based tune from a reputable tuner. There are plenty of options in TX, do a Google search for a diesel shop near you and they can probably get you squared away.
    Last edited by RAMMAN4; August 26th, 2020 at 06:31 PM.