Thread: E38 Auto to Manual Conversion - Reverse Lockout Enable

Default E38 Auto to Manual Conversion - Reverse Lockout Enable

I'm using an E38 from a 2013 Silverado 5.3, trying to make it work with a T56 transmission. The OS is 12653674. I'd really like to find this OS from a manual car (2013 Camaro?) but I dropbox doesn't have one and I can't locate it.

When I try to engage the solenoid in Bi-Directional mode, it tells me that it's not a valid output.

Does anyone know what to change in the Silverado OS to enable reverse lockout? The Silverado uses the same X2-11 output for the AFM Lifter 2 shutoff. I've disabled the AFM but I don't know how to enable the Reverse Lockout Solenoid control. Any suggestions?

Or...does anyone have this OS from a manual car so I could just do some segment swaps?

Thanks
    Tom

Did the 5.3L ever have a manual transmission option on anything? There is so much in the background with the calibrations when dealing with auto vs manual, starting with a base manual trans calibration is by far the ideal way to go.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I'm not aware of a 5.3L manual (at least in the US). I agree that starting with a manual cal would be ideal but I've had a hard time finding one. I want to keep the VVT, which complicates it a little. What I'd really like is to keep the AFM, but I don't think anyone has solved that for a manual trans yet (I'd band aid the reverse lockout if I could keep AFM).

Lifetime Member

Keeping VVT is going to makes this much more complicated, I don't believe GM ever made a factory V8 + manual + VVT (+ AFM/DOD) combo so you're going to have to piecemeal things together.

The 2013 Camaro auto file in the DropBox is the same OS as you have now, 12653674. It looks like GM used separate OS' for auto vs manual, so can't get away with a segment swap unfortunately to solve the auto vs manual portion.

As you mentioned, the AFM/DOD pin also controls reverse lockout, so you're going to have to give up one or the other. You'll have to figure out which is more important to you to keep, if the only issue you have currently is the reverse lockout solenoid, may be easier to keep what you have.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I’d give up the manual lockout solenoid to keep the AFM, but I’ve heard that the AFM needs a CAN signal from the TCM to work...has anyone else heard otherwise?

What your wanting to do isnt something as simple as changing some tables. It most likely cant even be done using efi live or any tuning software due to hard coding in the back ground. AFM is horrible and the lifters will fail, its just a matter of when they will fail. There is no way I wold go out of my way to keep AFM when by deleting you can gain hp and fuel mileage and as a bonus a lifter wont break and take out your engine.

I know there are some very strong opinions on AFM and I appreciate your advice. I also know it’s not simple, and I’ve all but given up on it (although I haven’t given up on VVT). I was just wondering if there was anybody out there with the knowledge to make it work.

I can probably get it to work BUT I highly doubt you would want to pay for something one off like that.