Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T43 2007 ERA OS: 24239353 CALID: 24242131 or 24246751 Good Performance & Tow Tune

Default T43 2007 ERA OS: 24239353 CALID: 24242131 or 24246751 Good Performance & Tow Tune

So I have decided to edit my first post to encompass several things I have learned about the 6L80 from 07-2014 in all GM Applications. Below is the first post that started this thread. However, look through this rather long post for "Edits:" that will be posted. Finally, I will include (3) Stock tunes for stock transmissions, that have been tested each with about 300 miles of individual driving and testing. They will be Performance alone, Economy Alone, and then a combo. I will give all information in those posts below. I will also have several files attached below in this updated post, as well as the tune files attached in each of their respective posts.

2/23/2021 EDIT: I have submitted 2 new final revs, after completely testing both calibrations 18" Rom and 22" Rom Versions. Please use these files, and ignore previous unless you wish to look at the previous versions for educational and learning purposes.
    NOTE: All ATTACHED FILES, SPECIFICALLY MY EDITED TUNE FILES, WHILE HAVE BEEN TESTED BY ME, WITH NO KNOWN OR VISIBLE ISSUES, ARE (1) TESTED ON MY STOCK 2007 CADILLAC ESCALADE EXT, AND (2) ARE AVAILABLE TO YOU WITH STANDARD DISCLAIMER, USE AT OWN RISK. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGE THAT MIGHT TAKE PLACE. WHILE i HAVE TRIED TO TEST THOROUGHLY, BY NATURE I AM LIMITED TO WHAT VEHICLE I HAVE TO TEST WITH. THERE FOR, YOU MAY NEED TO ADJUST THESE A LITTLE FOR YOUR VEHICLE, DRIVING STYLE, COMFORT, AND PERSONAL CHOICES. I AM MERELY POSTING THIS TO AID OTHERS WITH LEARNING SOME PROCESSES, OUT OF BOX THINKING BACKED UP BY RESEARCH, ETC. THE STOCK ROMS THAT STATE STOCK, ARE IN FACT STOCK READ FILES FROM GM DIRECTLY OR FROM STOCK VEHICLE. ALWAYS CROSS REFERENCE WITH OTHER KNOWN POSTS, THREADS, TUNING SITES, ETC. BASICALLY UNDERSTAND THAT WHEN DOING THINGS FOR YOURSELF, YOU NEED TO QUESTION EVERYTHING, AND CROSS YOUR T's AND DOT YOUR I's!!! THANK YOU. RESULTS MAY VARY.

Original Post:
    Hi everyone,

I could use some help. I have another thread dealing with Speedo Calibration, but this is for something else. I have been sifting though the threads discussing good tune's in relation to Torque Converter Lock up, and shift points, and just I guess not interpreting what I need to do. Please be patient with me and I will try to clarify any questions asked, etc.

My Truck is 2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT, 6.2L E38 and 6L80E T43. I recently purchased it with 165K miles. Looked good on paper, but including trade of another vehicle, and cash out of pocket, I am 40K deep into this truck. New Motor, New Trans, among many other things that fell apart right after I bought it. Initial issues with the trans when I bought it, it would randomly lock and unlock the Torque Converter, lock out 5 and 6 gears at highway speeds, and many other inconsistencies with shifting. It now has 2K miles on the fresh GM certified Trans, and is starting to do the same thing. I keep reading in threads how it is the shift points and actual programming that is the issue. So I am trying to gain some knowledge about just getting this truck to be a daily driven truck that doesn't blow transmissions. In its history, come to find out, this is the 4th 6L80 in this truck...

I am definitely willing to learn, but also need to be able to drive this truck since I am a private contractor. I don't have within decent distance a Tuner that has had experience with specific PCM/TCM combo, to do a good transmission tune. I am hoping that someone has a tune that is directly loadable, or relevant that I could use as a good base, with some basic adjustments already made. I.E. maybe for a 1500 Truck, Suburban, Yukon, etc with this same combo. Or one they could post, that could copy and paste the basics into my rom or calibration that would improve it's drivabilty until I could spend more time logging and adjusting. I interpret best when I see Tables, and can compare them to correlating stock tables, to see how the adjustments were made i.e starting points and ending points comparing tables and graphs tells me a lot, or I can decipher best that way is what I am saying.

I'm open to any suggestions, as well as any info you may need, or even possibly sending someone the info, and paying them for their time. I have attached both stock files below if someone needs them to make the adjustments. I am using TCM Cal ID 2426751 currently for on GM's own calibration database states it is the calibration for 22" Rim Luxury editions of the Escalade's. Infact, the only difference of the two calibration files, is one says it is for the 18" rims, and one is for 22" versions. A side by side comparison shows very subtle changes in a couple of the tables, and not sure if there are any other changes that we can not see. My local GM dealer says that mechanically there are no difference in a 6L80 18" Rim base model, and a 6L80 22" Rim Luxury model vehicle, and that it is all within the calibration.

Thanks in advance,

Edit:
    This testing has been done with an entirely stock T43 6l80 out of an 07 Cadillac Escalade EXT. Motor is mostly stock E38 6.2L L92 Non VVT/AFM, with CAI, Coils, Wires, Catback Exhaust, Transmission cooler. Mileage on chassis is 165K, with 2000 miles on full stock rebuild drive-train, i.e. Motor and all accessories, Transmission, Transfer Case, Differentials, Brakes, Rims, Tires.
    Edit:
    So I started with first, shifting issues that most people see with the 06-08 Cadillac's in general with 6L80's. Shutter shifting, lockout in 3rd gear tow haul, lockout in cruise control of 6th gear, and other random shift issues. Look at any google search on 6L80 shift issues, and the list becomes long... Well, I have good news for you, read on.

In my endeavor to fix this either mechanically, or software tuning oriented, I have come across some great information, that may be common knowledge, but in my searches, I have not seen anyone suggest nor prove/disprove what I am about to propose.

Right, so here we go.

Speedo/Tire Calculation lead me to my first research project of Visiting both a GMC Dealer, Chevrolet Dealer, (2) Transmission repair shops. Where we found:

At First Glance:
    One of the shops actually had a 2009 6L80 out of a Cadillac Escalade EXT.. Which the only difference is that I drive a 2007. Gm Verified no change between years of 2007 and 2014 respectively. as well as Transfer cases all have the 40 tooth in them as well. I counted the Teeth myself on both the 6L80 Trans, and the T-Case. and 2WD VS 4WD/AWD does come in to play here, which I will explain.
    The input shaft 6L80 Reluctor ring is 36 Teeth
    The Output Shaft 6L80 Reluctor Ring is 44 Teeth
    The Transfer case Reluctor Ring is 40 Teeth
    So, on a 2WD application only, the transmission does the speed sensing, and it is an Average of both input and output, so input being 36 teeth, and output being 44 teeth, the average of the 2 is 40 teeth.
    On 4WD/AWD applications with use of Transfer case, the speed sensor is on the T-Case, where the output reluctor ring is 40 Teeth. This is the primary speed sensing, if it fails, the TCM will utilize the average discussed in 2 wheel drive applications.
    GM Verified this in their parts department with parts schematics. One note to make, is I only have access to the USDM Markets. Not sure if other markets have different specs, but I would generally think not.

Note: I tested this within both ECM/TCM, changing the VSS to 40 and LIMPED THE TRANS. I posed some questions to EFILive about this, and Joecar is researching at looking at things. SO FOR NOW 36 is the accepted number, and other changes will yield you good speedo/tire calibration

Shift points change which I will get to later in the post, lead me back to the same shops, to double verify and check.
    ALL 6L80 Transmissions put in to SUV/Trucks as of 2007 thru 2014, are Identical. GM Verified that there is no difference in mechanical build, they are all cross compatible. What does differ is the TCM OS and Calibration ID. They all use the T43. The difference is within the shift tables and what they are doing.

Example:
    For my Cadillac: Normal mode is shift lever D, Pattern A shift is Tow/Haul, and Pattern B is Cruise.
    For My dads 2014 Suburban, Normal Mode is Shift Lever D AND Cruise, Pattern A shift is Tow/Haul, and Pattern B is ECO AFM shift mode.

Speculation and my own research says, that the reason for the different part number within GM is the Year of vehicle, and what accessories it has like AFM/VVT, or not, etc. Calibration ID of course is the revision number fro that OS. Common knowledge probably, but figured I would clarify. I will further explain this below once I get to Shift Tuning, Pressure Tuning, and etc.

Speedo Tire Size Calibration:

Initially with this setup, first order of business was to get my speedo adjusted. This is where I started. In this bit of tuning, I was adjusting the ECM to reflect 32" tires. Here was the thread I started(https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...do-Adjustment) but I will summarize it below by post.

NOTE:My Method to Tire Size/Speedo/GPS adjusment:
    Open ECM Rom, and TCM rom in two different windows.
    Select Speedo in ECM Calibration.
    Select Transmission Calibration > Speedo in TCM Calibration

With the ECM:
    Select Parameters > Speedo Calculator > Speedo Calculator Tab > Enter known Tire Diameter in Tire Diameter field under Tire Calibration, then hit Apply, and close the calculator. (I prefer to measure my tire diameter with a flat board and tape. On flat ground, stick board flat on top of tire and eyeball level it, then measure between it and the ground, on flat surface of course.)
    Notice how table's H0101, H0136, and H0139 have now changed.
    Leave H0102 alone, (ill get to that later once we have feedback from EFILive on reference to conclusion over in that thread, for now, IT IS 36.)
    Mirror new settings in H0136 over to H0105.
    Mirror new settings in H0101 over to H0135.
    Mirror new settings in H0139 over to H0140.
    Mirror new settings in H0152 over to H0153 (This is assuming you have same size tires on all 4 corners, if not this would be staggered, but since I am AWD/4WD, they are mirrored)
    H0160 is worth Mentioning, for since mine was AWD/4WD, I chose to change that table to reflect actual Drivetrain)

With TCM:
    Select Parameters
    Mirror H0101 to the new settings from the same table within the ECM
    Mirror H0136 to the new settings from the same table within the ECM

Save both Calibrations, Flash both Calibrations, and run your test. Repeat if necessary, or OCD like me. My GPS and Speedo are identical, both will change speed at the exact same time using my method. You may have tro try a couple of times, like I did, but once I used this method I explained, I was dead on.

Shift Point changes:
    First, read through this thread: (https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...-points-change)
    For the most part we are going to follow Wheelz post #11 within that thread, as well as my posts that start with post #25, here it is below:

From Wheelz:
    Please read the entire post before attempting any changes. I am assuming your truck is in sound mechanical condition and that you are using a good bit of common sense when testing so you don't tear your truck up if you made a mistake. This is a guide that I follow for my trucks, make changes at YOUR OWN RISK. If you are not comfortable tuning your transmission consider buying a tune from a tuner.

Happy reading

What I've been doing on my personal truck (ls1B = 05 5.3 and 4L65, so it's gonna be a little different cause I only have 4 gears to work with, but not too different)

1. Correct you speedo for any tire change. Verify the speedo output from the ECM matches the TCM speedo output matches your speedometer. You'll have to make a couple datalogs to verify this. If you need help with that let us know.

(The following is for up shifts)
    2. Set your WOT shift points and copy those values to your part throttle shift tables for throttle positions 65% and up

3. Determine what speeds you want your truck to shift at when your driving easy (less than 30% throttle position) I tuned my moms 6L80 to always keep the rpms above 1500 after the shift. Just drive it in manual mode and take notes at what speeds you want it to shift at.

4. Go to your part throttle tables and at approx 15% throttle, set the values to the what you liked from step 3. Then for 0% throttle, subtract 2-3 mph from that value and for ~30% throttle add 2-3 mph to that value. Highlight the cells from 0-30% inclusive and select the linear smooth button from the toolbar. You should see the graph become a nice smooth line. Or you can do that manually by picking numbers.

5. Highlight starting with the 30% throttle cell you changed to the 65% throttle cell you changed and click the linear smooth button again to make a nice straight line. You can massage the corners (no more than 2 points) so you have nice smooth transitions in the graph.

6. Determine what gears you want the torque converter to lockup in. I did gears 4-6 in my moms and 2-4 in mine. Locate the TCC folder and find the TCC apply speeds. For 4th gear TCC apply speeds, copy the entire 3->4 part throttle shift table to the 4th gear TCC apply speed table and then multiply every value by 1.05. That will let the truck shift then lockup the converter. Some people prefer to simply add 2mph instead of multiply by 1.05. It's all personal preference of how quick you want it to lockup. Then repeat that process for the other gears. 4->5 copies to 5th gear apply speeds. 5->6 to 6th gear apply speeds, and so on.

7. (Downshifts) for simplicity sake, start with WOT. Determine what speeds to downshift at. ***make sure your downshift speed is LOWER than your up shift speed, or you can create the shuttle shift where your truck can't decide what gear to be in*** one guide is for the (example) 3->4 WOT up shift, subtract 5mph and that is you 4->3 downshift speed. Set all your WOT downshift speeds similar to that process.

8. Copy the WOT downshift speed to the appropriate part throttle downshift table at throttle positions greater than 85-90%.

9. This is where it can get confusing... For the 4->3 downshift, go to the 3->4 up shift tables and highlight the cells that have speeds LOWER than your WOT downshift speed for the 4->3 shift. Copy those cells from the 3->4 table to the 4->3 downshift table so that the last cell you highlighted lands at the 85-90% throttle position. This means that there will be cells at the top of that table that are unchanged.

10. For the cells that were left unchanged after that last copy event, copy the 0% throttle position up shift speed and subtract ~3-5 mph and set that as your 0% downshift speed. Highlight from 0% to the "corner" on the graph where you shift points start climbing rapidly and click the linear smooth button. That will give you a good starting point for your downshift tables. You can massage the values where you want it to shift sooner or lug harder.

11. TCC release speeds. (Torque converter unlock) for (example) 4th gear release speeds, copy the entire 4->3 part throttle downshift table to the 4th gear release speeds and either multiply all values by 1.05 or add 2mph. Do this for your other gears. (5->4 downshift to 5th gear release and so on) This will let the converter unlock right before the shift for smoother downshifts.

That's the basic process I follow. For your 6th gear downshift since that's your highway gear you will most likely have to adjust the values so that it will lug more and not shift so quick on a hill. I set my 75% throttle downshift speed to 75mph and smooth the graph from there. That's by no means a final shift table, but it will get you close enough you can simply tweak values and get there.

Use caution, go slow. It takes me an hour to rebuild all my tables for my 4L65. Take notes of what tables you've changed, are changing, and have left to change cause its easy to get lost and copy to the wrong one or miss one.
    I am going to add an additional tool to help as well. I found a Spreadsheet Calculator, this calculator does shift points for 4l60 thru 10L90 Transmissions. This is great find.
    Here is the link to the HPT thread about the spreadsheet "Most GM Trans" Calculator: https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...Table-Software
    I will attach it to the post below. File Labeled: "BC_Trans.zip"

NOTE:In the calculator you will see a table in the upper right hand corner labeled "D RPM" within the "Engine / Drivetrain" box. What this is, is a table that sets the highest downshift RPM you would like to see. This will help with downshifts in all shift patterns, but more importantly downshifts while towing. I have it set at the recommended 3500 RPM for downshifts while towing. Adjusting this RPM speed, will adjust the downshift points directly. So as I tested the Tow Haul pattern I set in previous tune revision, I found that it was downshifting correctly, but I was seeing 5K rpm on downshifts, under heavy load this could cause some issues. So this new attached tune has the pattern A Tow Haul mode downshift speeds readjusted for a 3500 RPM downshift.

Shift Pressure Changes:
    On the shift pressure side, a table to help with minor flaring is the base shift pressure, Shift Pressures > Pattern A Base Upshift > 1>2, 2>3, 3>4, 4>5, 5>6 respectively. From 0-300 Nm and from 20-125 TFT-C degrees trans temp, most tuners add 5-10% more to the shift pressure. Do that for the 1-4 gears as 5th and 6th are pretty much overdrives and don't really need it, I don't mess with them.

Also, in the Engine RPM Pressure Limiter > 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th respectively, leave Park, Revers, Neutral, 5th, 6th alone. As to 1st thru 4th, the max line pressure in PSI is 123. Set 0-2500 RPM to 123, Set 4000 Rpm to 116, and set 7000 RPM to 109. Due this in all 4 gears.

Torque Limits:
    You can up your torque limits, though on stock motor and trans you wont really gain anything. I set mine a little higher, for I will be tuning the motor rather soon. I set my Torque Limits > Parameters > D9411 TCC Max Torque Rating Table with a slight bump from stock 461 setting up to 502. Then I gave my Torque Limits per Gear as slight bump as well. In the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in all RPM's, I bumped the stock 664 up to 725, 4th in all RPM's got a bump from 664 to 675, and 5th and 6th got a bump in all RPMS from 520 to 550.

Adaptive Learning:
    Next is the Oncoming pressure presets, it's also used for how quickly it enters the next gear. Located in Adaptive Learning > 1>2 Defaults > 1>2 Torque Based Pressure > On-coming Column VS Mid/Min/Max Torque. Most tuners normally add anywhere from 10-20% depending on gear to help get a nice clean shift. Do this for 1-2, 2-3, and 3-4 shifts as well. Only change the On-coming column and Min, Mid, Max rows.
    NOTE/Edit:These changes will not take effect until you do an adaptive reset, preset within the Scan 7.5 DVT controller tables. Look to Post #9 within this thread below for a crash course on how to do this, I am running out of room...lol

Now for my trial and error by fire:
    So my first revision used my stock tables, adjusted using both wheels method and the calculator method, homeoglated into each respective shift table.

(Continued to Post 2...)
    Last edited by raceghost; February 23rd, 2021 at 12:55 PM.

(Continued from Post #1...)

Tables Listed under "Shift Control:"
    Shift speeds for (4) shift selections, Normal (Daily drive "D" Selection), Pattern A (Tow/Haul Trailer Button), Pattern B (Cruise Control Active) and Tap Up/Tap Down (Manual "M" Selection). ALL Hot and Hot shift tables were left alone. This requires correlating WOT tables to be adjusted as well. I also found errors in these tables and if you look at the stock rom you will find shift speeds in a few of the part throttle tables that make you go hmmmmm.

Tables Listed under "Torque Converter:"
    Torque Converter Control for (4) shift, Normal (Daily drive "D" Selection), Pattern A (Tow/Haul Trailer Button), Pattern B (Cruise Control Active) and Tap Up/Tap Down (Manual "M" Selection). Also adjusted the correlating WOT control tables.

Tables Listed under "Shift Times:"
    These tables were left mostly alone, a little smoothing here and there, but for most part completely stock. I believe I found a couple of errors in a few small tables that suggest to me some fat fingering on GMs part.

Tables listed under "Shift Pressures:"
    As suggested these were primarily left alone. However, sub folder named "Engine RPM Pressure Line," 1st thru 4th table were adjusted. I watched several vids, and reached out to a few tuners who stated this is an ok practice. However, verdict is still out and all disclaimers apply.

Tables listed under "Torque Limits:"
    Very minor adjustment to these tables over stock, just following again gathered suggestions from all known information I could find.

Table listed under "Adaptive Learning:"
    Finally, I think I noticed an anomaly within the "Parameters" Table at the base level of this folder. If you look at the Stock Rom, Table D9264 is set to 40, when all other tables are set to 200. I have scoured looking for other stock roms, and why they are 1500 T43 6L80 Calibrations, this table in those roms is set to 200 stock, not 40... SO I think this is one of those Fat Finger issues with GM programmers. That table is the only change I made here.

Table Labeled "Speedo:"
    I had already adjusted this table to reflect mirrored settings I have with the ECM tune. This is set correct and I have posted about it over in another thread labeled for speedo calibration.

This is file labeled: "BossHOG.Stock.22Rim.TCM.TireSize.31.5.SS.ST.SP.LP .Limits.Beta.ctz "

This is not the final revision and I would not drive far on this file, only use it as a reference point to see real time changes between stock calibration and evolution through all my calibrations, more as guidelines so you can see Wheelz method, and calculator results.

"SS" stands for Shift Speeds
    "ST" stands for Shift Times
    "SP" stand for Shift pressure
    "LP" Stand for Line Pressure
    "Limits" is for Torque Limits
    Preliminary Results of this Beta tune was good, but I left out some goodies...

My Second file revision:
    Minor shift point changes
    Torque Converter Lock up in Normal mode is 4th gear thru 6th gear
    Torque Converter Lock up in Pattern A Tow Haul Mode is 3rd gear thru 5th Gear
    Torque Converter Lock up in Pattern B Cruise Mode is 4th gear thru 6th gear.

All WOT tables have been adjusted to these settings as well.

Also remember it is speedo corrected for my tires.

Tap Up Down Manual Mode is also adjusted respectively in the shift points as well as the torque converter control.

And Line pressures have been adjusted as well. Shift pressures are stock, but some improvements in line pressure were done.

This is file labeled: "BossHOG.Stock.22Rim.TCM.TireSize.31.5.SS.ST.SP.LP .Limits.2.ctz "

This one tested good, but I was having high rev ups after down shifting within Tow/haul Mode...

My third file Revision:
    Oops, one more adjustments to Pattern A Tow Haul shift control, Pattern A Torque Converter Control. In the calculator you will see a table in the upper right hand corner labeled "D RPM" within the "Engine / Drivetrain" box. What this is, is a table that sets the highest downshift RPM you would like to see. This will help with downshifts in all shift patterns, but more importantly downshifts while towing. I have it set at the recommended 3500 RPM for downshifts while towing. Adjusting this RPM speed, will adjust the downshift points directly. So as I tested the Tow Haul pattern I set in previous tune revision, I found that it was downshifting correctly, but I was seeing 5K rpm on downshifts, under heavy load this could cause some issues. So this new attached tune has the pattern A Tow Haul mode downshift speeds readjusted for a 3500 RPM downshift.

This is file Labeled: "BossHOG.Stock.22Rim.TCM.TireSize.31.5.SS.ST.SP.LP .Limits.2.1.ctz"

So, up to this point, I put 400 miles on this revision. I liked it. It is My stock "Hot" tune, as in Performance tune, in every mode, Normal, Tow Haul, Cruis, Tap Up Tap Down Manual Mode, this is the hottest I would go on a stock transmission. worthy to note, fuel MPG was about 15 HWY.

Edit: So in my endeavor, and liking the Performance tune I created, I was still seeing a couple of issues within cruise control holding 5th gear for ever after a down shift, as well as a reduction in MPG, yes gas mileage in relation to drag on the vehicle from creating more downshifts as well as upshifts. This tune down shifts very closely to the upshift points. In essence it is downshifting early on reduction of throttle, which is in essence creating an engine brake, for as it downshifts, Revs go up, then speed and revs reduce, and it downshifts again. So it keeps the revs up, using the motor to brake more than stock, there for having really no coast ability with it being adjusted this way. Coast does transmit higher MPG even if it is only 1/3 mpg to 2 mpg more or less. THe more drag you put on the vehicle, the higher the revs and torque required, the more fuel you will use.

So enter my dads 2014 Suburban. Fully stock truck, no add-ons anywhere. ON paper, my 2007 Escalade, and his 2014 Suburban, are almost Identical. I'll site these (2) references below:
    https://media.cadillac.com/media/us/...2011.tab1.html
    https://media.gm.com/media/us/en/che...2014.tab1.html

If that wasn't enough, my earlier referenced trips to dealers and mechanics, yielded the same conclusion both on GM Parts websites, dealer internal databases, as well as tangible 6L80's on mechanic benches.

The Escalade EXT is bulit on a Suburban Chassis. This is why it peaked my interest.
    While he has the 5.3L LC9 with VVT/AFM, and I have the 6.2L L92 non VVT, if you look up HP/TQ Curves, and yes, mine puts out approx 50 HP/TQ peak more, both power bands are very similiar.
    We both have the same 6L80 Transmission mechanically. Both have Identical internal gearing, clutches and valve bodies.
    We both weight just shy of 6000Lbs. His is 5824, and mine is 5963...
    We both have 3.42 final gearing.

I asked my dad, if he experienced some of my most noticeable issues, like shift lockups, or 5th gear cruise lockup taking forever, even on flat ground for miles to shift back into 6th when in cruise control...

He said no. So I decided to take a snapshot of his T43 OS/CalID and compare it to my stock T43 OS/CalID. The results were exactly as I thought. Very minor differences in all tables we are playing with, and I mean minor, subtle, in fact most of the tables are 75% identical. I have attached them below for you to compare.
    My 2007 Stock File is: "2007.CadEsc.24246751.Stock.22Rim.TCM.ctz"
    His 2014 Stock File is: "2014.GM.1500.Suburban.StockRom.ctz"

So, I went out on a limb, and copied all the relevant data with the relevant tables over to my OS/CalID. I then messaged them a little to reflect in essence the tuning sample Wheelz gave as as well as the Calculator to produce another test rom.

This test rom has these adjustments, but are based mostly off of the 2014 T43 1500 Suburban Tables:
    Tables Listed under "Shift Control:"
    Shift speeds for (4) shift selections, Normal (Daily drive "D" Selection), Pattern A (Tow/Haul Trailer Button), Pattern B (Cruise Control Active) and Tap Up/Tap Down (Manual "M" Selection). ALL Hot and Hot shift tables were left alone. This requires correlating WOT tables to be adjusted as well. I also found errors in these tables and if you look at the stock rom you will find shift speeds in a few of the part throttle tables that make you go hmmmmm.

Tables Listed under "Torque Converter:"
    Torque Converter Control for (4) shift, Normal (Daily drive "D" Selection), Pattern A (Tow/Haul Trailer Button), Pattern B (Cruise Control Active) and Tap Up/Tap Down (Manual "M" Selection). Also adjusted the correlating WOT control tables.

Tables Listed under "Shift Times:"
    These tables were left mostly alone, a little smoothing here and there, but for most part completely stock. I believe I found a couple of errors in a few small tables that suggest to me some fat fingering on GMs part.

Tables listed under "Shift Pressures:"
    As suggested these were primarily left alone. However, sub folder named "Engine RPM Pressure Line," 1st thru 4th table were adjusted. I watched several vids, and reached out to a few tuners who stated this is an ok practice. However, verdict is still out and all disclaimers apply.

Tables listed under "Torque Limits:"
    Very minor adjustment to these tables over stock, just following again gathered suggestions from all known information I could find.

Table listed under "Adaptive Learning:"
    Finally, I think I noticed an anomaly within the "Parameters" Table at the base level of this folder. If you look at the Stock Rom, Table D9264 is set to 40, when all other tables are set to 200. I have scoured looking for other stock roms, and why they are 1500 T43 6L80 Calibrations, this table in those roms is set to 200 stock, not 40... SO I think this is one of those Fat Finger issues with GM programmers. That table is the only change I made here.

Table Labeled "Speedo:"
    I had already adjusted this table to reflect mirrored settings I have with the ECM tune. This is set correct and I have posted about it over in another thread labeled for speedo calibration.

This tune file is closely resembling a homeoglated stock shift points, times, etc, tried to even go lower on drag within the transmission to provide as much coast on freeway as possible. This is my economy tune, and was tested with a 200 mile drive, with MPG resulting in at about 17 HWY respectively.

This tune file is attached below, and labeled: "BossHOG.Stock.22Rim.TCM.TireSize.31.5.SS.ST.SP.LP .Limits.2.1.Economy.ctz"

Edit: In process of testing the Combo Performance and Econo Tune, (1) Tune to rule them all...lol Be back soon.

Edit 11.3.2020: Final Tune for Transmission added to list below. This is a completely STOCK Trans fresh off of rebuild. I have put 1000 miles on this trans tune and am happy all around. It is titled "Final.Stock.22Rim.TCM.TireSize.31.5.SS.2.TC.1.ST. 1.SP.1.TL.1.AL.1.REV2.2.ctz." Enjoy.
    Last edited by raceghost; February 23rd, 2021 at 06:36 PM.

I'm looking thru your files.

Is the engine stock...?

What other mods (engine, trans, vehicle) besides the 22" rims...?

Post the ECM file also.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Is the engine stock...?

What other mods (engine, trans, vehicle) besides the 22" rims...?
    Post the ECM file also.
    It is a Stock 6.2 Non VVT 2007 Cadillac Escalade. Only upgrades are Coils, plug wires, Cold Air Intake, and cat back exhaust.

Here is the file with limited MAF adjustment for fuel trims and checked with WB, Tire/Speedo adjusted, couple AC table updates for on off related to speed and RPM, and a little bit of Fuel Sending unit adjustment. So far, all adjustments made have worked like they should. Every thing else is still stock tables with no adjustments. I also verified and know the GM Mechanic who flashed these stock calibrations to my truck and know they are the latest available with all updates. I was standing there when we did it.

Thanks in advance

Just a quick update. I have Updated post #1 and #2 to reflect some testing and tuning I have done that have yielded some good results. All files within context of transmission tuning have been added as attachments to post 2.

Here is an updated ECM file for joecar, in reference to post #5 and #6.

Thanks again

So found a situation that doesnt make sense.

In my 2007 stock rom within the Shift Control Parameters:
    Table D9602 > Tap Up/Down Option is set to disable.
    Table D9605 > Tap Up/Down Gear Allowed is set to 4th

My Manual mode selection allows shift up/down by hitting the button works, and auto shift 4th gear and above works...? Not sure why it is working with the D9602 setting to disable, unless I am missing something? Ill doable check, but I know I can manual shift through all the gears...

2014 suburban stock rom, within the Shift Control Parameters:
    Table D9602 > Tap Up/Down Option is set to disable.
    Table D9605 > Tap Up/Down Gear Allowed is set to 6th

My dads Manual mode selection allows shift up/down by hitting the button works as well. His does not auto shift at all and will hold the gear depending on the selected gear with the button...

Both of our tables are set to disable, but selector and buttons still work.

I am going to speculate that this enables or disable the Auto Tap Up/Down feature??? Meaning if you set Table D9602 to Enable, it will then cross check against D9605 gear setting, and anything above that gear set will auto shift at selected shift speeds set within Shift Control > Tap Up/Down Speeds > Part Throttle Shift > Tables D1004 and the correlating WOT Shift Speed Tables...

Care to shed some light anyone?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by raceghost; September 9th, 2020 at 08:39 PM.

Adaptive Learning suggested methods within the EFI Live Scan 7.5 Software.

Do these steps with Engine running:
    Step 1 > Open EFILive Scan V7.5
    Step 2 > Click the DVT Tab
    Step 3 > Select Target Controller, in this case, we are dealing with a T43 6-Speed TCM
    Step 4 > Connect to Vehicle by selecting Green Radio Button below the File Menu, or hitting Ctrl+F3
    Step 5 > Select Activate Control Panel
    Step 6 > Select Fast Reset, wait 5 seconds
    Step 7 > Select Adapts Reset, wait 5 seconds
    Step 8 > Select Adapts Preset wait 5 seconds
    Note: (You can stop here and skip to step 11 if you wish...)
    Step 9 > Select Fast Learn
    Note: Once you hit Fast Learn, put foot on brake, shift directly in to drive, do not let off of brake, vehicle will raise idle, and you will feel the vehicle shift multiple times, process takes approx 2-3 minutes, vehicle will return to idle, and wait approx 1 min at idle before continuing on to next step.
    Step 10 > Put Vehicle in to Park, do not shut off yet.
    Step 11 > Deactivate Control Panel in EFILive V7.5 Scan
    Step 12 > Disconnect controller by hitting the Disconnect from vehicle radio button under the Edit Menu right next to the Connect radio button in step 4.
    Step 13 > Turn Vehicle off, and let sit completely off, no accessory, nothing, OFF, for 3-5 minutes. This allows the TCM to completely power down and return to normal running mode.
    Note: Not doing Step 13 has left some people without any gears because TCM is still in learn/program mode.
    Step 14 > Start Vehicle and see if you have normal driving mode.

Congratulations, you have just completed the Adaptive Learn/Relearn process that you GM dealer will charge you when replacing or flashing your TCM/Transmission.

I'm reading thru this thread (sorry I'm running behind due to work).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast