Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: using EFILive like HPTuners

Default using EFILive like HPTuners

I am still learning EFILive. I posted this in V2 but didn't think anyone would see it or it was in the wrong place. Anyway...
    I have a friend with HPtuners that had a screen up monitoring cam n crank voltage, injector pulse, coil voltage with ign on not running and when running.
    I have been trying to create the same display dashboard in scan v7.5 but am not having success.
    Ihave an LS3 e38 ecm in 55 Chevy manual trans, os:12633056
    Does anyone know if that can be done and where?
    Thanks
    LS3 Manual 6 spd E38 os:12633056
    Texas Speed 1 7/8" headers w/3" exhaust
    Texas Speed cam 229/236 .629/.615 112 LSA
    Hi-Ram intake stock injectors 90mmTB

There are a few ways to view all the information you're looking for, and there are a ton of options for what you can view. I would definitely read through the V7.5 Scan Tool manual a couple times, which can be found here: https://download.efilive.com/Documen...iveV75Scan.pdf

In short, start by choosing the information you want to view, called PIDs in EFILive. If you're new to EFILive, plug your laptop and FlashScan V2 into your car, turn it on (at least have the key in the run position), and connect to your car when you have the V7.5 Scan Tool open. Once connected, go to the PIDs tab, and check the box labeled "Supported" near the top of this page. This is where you choose what you want to view or log, such as injector pulse width or coil voltage.

Once you pick all the information you want to view or log, then click on the "Data" tab or the "Dashboard" tab. These two tabs let you view all your data in different formats. If you want something that looks like a car's dashboard, go to the "Dashboard" page and click on the "A." If you want graphs, click "B." If you want something else, click "C" and spend some time putting together what you want.

There's a little bit of a learning curve, but once you start playing with it the possibilities are almost endless.

Thank you pinstripbob, that was a very helpful explanation. Sometimes some responses feel like they think I'm a seasoned tuner.
    When I did as you suggested I got 88 PID's. So I will use the manual to figure out what some PID's mean that I can't figure out. I'm hoping the manual will tell me the most informative PID's to use. Thanks again.

Not a problem, there is a very big learning curve, but the more you play with it the better you'll become.

There may be more PIDs that become "supported" but rely on other PIDs to be selected first. That manual may not have many good recommendations for what you want to see.

Personally, I would be looking at injector duty cycle, airflow from your MAF, manifold pressure (MAP), RPM, spark advance, spark knock retard, maybe vehicle speed (VSS), throttle position, probably throttle area if you have a drive-by-wire setup, short term and long term fuel trims, intake air temp, engine coolant temp, oxygen sensor voltage for sensor one in both banks, and commanded AFR. There will be more that you will want to view or log depending on what you're trying to tune. If you're trying to tune fueling, airflow, or spark, you'll want different PIDs. You have a manual so you won't be worried about transmission stuff which will simplify things.

The V7.5 scan tool will start to slow down its refresh rate if you have too many PIDs being logged at the same time, so try to only log what you need. Go ahead and give it a crack and start playing with it. If you're only scanning, you won't hurt anything, so don't be afraid to try things that move you out of your comfort zone.

Wow, thanks, but most of the PID's you suggested are NOT supported. Do you know why?
    I looked at the DATA tab and all the PID's marked unsupported are in the DATA tab???
    I am going to use a density tune and not the MAF because I am using a y-pipe cold air intake. Does that complicate things?
    Last edited by 5557nut; September 14th, 2020 at 03:50 AM. Reason: add info

They'll be supported, might have a weird description. Make sure you're connected to your car, where you can press log or record and it will start doing a log.

If you still have issues, take a screenshot of your PIDs tab.

No problem running with or without the MAF.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

OK, Here are some screen shots.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tune7.5PID.jpg 
Views:	336 
Size:	150.3 KB 
ID:	23507Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tune7.5Data.jpg 
Views:	383 
Size:	436.8 KB 
ID:	23508

Interesting. This might seem like a silly question, but can you click on File>Select Controller and make sure it's set to E38? From your first post, that's the ECM you're using.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Yes I did check that when key was on. Selected was "E38 Gen IV V8".

I was a bit stumped on this, but I have two more troubleshooting methods we can try. Do the following:

1. Go to your PIDs tab, find the PID with the description "Air/Fuel Ratio Commanded" and the Parameter "E38.AFRATIO_DMA" and double click it to add it to the other PIDs you have selected. Then go ahead and connect to your car and start recording data, press the red button on the bottom middle of the screen. Once it's recording, go to your "Data" tab and see if there is data for any of the PIDs. If there is, take a picture of the whole page and post it here.

2. After trying number 1 above, go ahead and stop logging, close the software, and reopen it so we're working with a clean slate. Go to your PIDs tab, and click on the "Open an existing PID selection file." Choose "E38 ECM Metric.pid" and connect to your car, then start recording data. Once recording, go back to the Data tab, see if any PIDs have information, and take a picture of the whole page and post it here.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast