Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $0020 DLL Error V8 & AutoCal V3

Default $0020 DLL Error V8 & AutoCal V3

Hello, brand new user to AutoCal and EFI Live.

I just received my new AutoCal V3, and after installing V8.2.24 I am unable to get the driver's to work correctly it appears.

Using a Lenovo P53 running Windows 10 Pro X64

I have tried:
    -V8.3 beta software (won't even open, says an error about permissions in Windows)
    -Uninstall/reinstall program
    -EFI USB manager - uninstall/reinstall every version of driver available
    -Windows Device Manager, uninstall device
    -Tried with a clean fresh install, turning off internet connection and installing driver via EFI USB manager
    -Tried forcing Windows to look into the EFI driver folder, gives me errors and wont let me force install
    -Turned off driver signature requirement and tried again

I'm all out of ideas. What makes this even more frustrating is I'm in a bit of a time crunch... I have a trip I need to make this weekend and I just installed new injectors in my truck which need this tune flashed so it'll run properly. I essentially only have the next 24 hours to get it figured out.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

It looks like it keeps grabbing the driver from the wrong location. I can't get it to install anything but this driver.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Driver Details.PNG 
Views:	125 
Size:	16.9 KB 
ID:	23525  

First thing, yes you should be running the 8.3 beta, not the earlier 8.2 so you are good in that regard.
    For the permissions fix, right click on the EFILive icon on your desktop and choose to 'Run as Administrator', then see how it goes.

Also maybe before that, reinstall the software with 'Run as admin as well' (right click on the EFILiveV8 & V7 Setup.exe files).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Admin.png 
Views:	164 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	23526
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Thanks for the quick response GMPX

Sorry I wasn't clear, I'm unable to run 8.3 so I've been trying in 8.2 so it appears that is issue one.

Here is the message I get when I try to run 8.3 even with admin mode

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	164 
Size:	6.9 KB 
ID:	23527

Edit: also, to clarify - you say V8 and V7 files - I am only running V8? This is specifically the installer I'm attempting to use: EFILiveV8.3.1_RC_1_Setup

This might be related: I can't get my FSV3 to connect my Win7 PC, USB device is not seen.

edit: sorry for spamming posts/info, I'm just trying to provide as much information as possible to try and solve this today!

I don't know why but this morning I'm now getting a different error with V8.3

Views:	149 
Size:	15.5 KB 
ID:	23529

If I try and redirect the driver to the "Win-7-8-10" folder in Drivers, this is the error message I get

Views:	135 
Size:	334.7 KB 
ID:	23530

One more update - again trying to mess with the forced driver install in windows - with the AutoCal V3 plugged in, I went through windows Device Manager and uninstalled the AutoCal V3 as it was shown. I then used the EFI Utilities USB Device Tree Viewer to find which port the AutoCal was still plugged into, opened that port in Device Manager, and then tried redirecting that device to the driver location "Win-7-8-10" and now it's not giving me the above error, it's populating the list but obviously it doesn't say V3 in there and even when I click any of the options and try clicking Next nothing happens

Views:	140 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	23531
    Last edited by fl0w3n; October 1st, 2020 at 02:20 AM.

So some of these issues pertain to my attempt to use V8.2 software

I now see that V8.3.1 RC_1 is mandatory for AutoCal V3, so it looks like my issue is narrowed down to only this error message:

Views:	153 
Size:	10.4 KB 
ID:	23533

I've tried installing V8.3.1 RC_1 as an admin, running the program as an admin, and no change in result. I've also redownloaded it three times to confirm it's correct. I also tried installing V7.5.31 RC_1 just in case that is also required, with no change.

Also, not sure what's happening with the official EFI Contact Us support, but when I click on the confirmation email it opens a webpage with "Not Found: Sorry, but we couldn't find this page" so I'm unsure if my official request for support is going through.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Well... that is completely inexplicable.

I must have tried opening V8.3.1 RC_1 at least a dozen times today.

I just tried again, and with no change, it all the sudden opened successfully. Just 10 minutes prior I had the error message.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    This might be related: I can't get my FSV3 to connect my Win7 PC, USB device is not seen.
    Joe; this *should be* resolved in RC1. We found an old Win7 laptop we found in the storage room, was able to replicate the issue and fixed it. Can you please test and report via the beta process?

Quote Originally Posted by fl0w3n View Post
    Well... that is completely inexplicable.

I must have tried opening V8.3.1 RC_1 at least a dozen times today.

I just tried again, and with no change, it all the sudden opened successfully. Just 10 minutes prior I had the error message.
    Glad it's resolved Trevor.

Cheers
    Cindy

Thank you Cindy!

My luck seems to have run out. I'm now getting "Device could not be converted" error when I try to unlink it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast