Thread: September 2020, Release Candidate 1

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default September 2020, Release Candidate 1

This release has been replaced by October 2020, Release Candidate 2. Please see this post for software details https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...se-Candidate-2

ATTENTION - Release Candidate Software
    This software contains a new CSP switchable tune operating system for CMF controllers. It is an "early access" feature that is not intended for production use just yet. EFILive is looking for feedback on the performance of the CMF CSP OS. Please do not install the CMF CSP OS on remote vehicles. Only install it on vehicles in your workshop that you can recover easily if the CSP5 OS causes problems.

For users dealing with the V3 AutoCal products you must use this release and ensure that all devices have the firmware updated to the version in this release prior to being used on vehicles.

The current public release is available here.

Full Release Notes:

Version Numbers:
    After installing this beta release you should have the following software and firmware versions installed:

• EFILive V7 software: V7.5.31 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).
    • EFILive V8 software: V8.3.1 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).
    • FlashScan/AutoCal V3 Firmware: V3.00.053 (Sep 25, 2020).
    • FlashScan/AutoCal V2 Firmware: V2.07.165 (Sep 25, 2020).

Download here:

Known Issues for RC1:
    Issue #1
    Calibrations that display lists of similar values, (e.g. E38 {C1120} "Freeze Frame PIDs") are not being correctly stored in the tune file. Do not edit/modify those types of calibrations. If in doubt, open the same file and display the same calibrations in both the V7 and V8 editors.
    If the values are displayed differently DO NOT EDIT/MODIFY the values.
    Workaround:
    Do not use V8 to modify calibrations whose values display differently between V7 and V8, use the V7 software until RC2 is available.

To ask about features, request improvements or to simply provide feedback (positive or negative) on the new V8 editor, please use this thread: https://forum.efilive.com/forumdispl...V8-Tune-Editor

Regards,
    The EFILive Team
    Last edited by cindy@efilive; October 8th, 2020 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Removed software links - please use Oct RC2
    Before asking for help, please read this.

For people that have to use chrome, the download link may not work correctly. To download the file, just RIGHT CLICK on the download link, then select "open link in new window" and it will download the file correctly.
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me View Post
    For people that have to use chrome, the download link may not work correctly. To download the file, just RIGHT CLICK on the download link, then select "open link in new window" and it will download the file correctly.
    Agreed.
    www.socaldiesel.com

EFILive-DSP5......Switch your Attitude!
    EFILive-CSP5......The Smart Way To Switch Your Cummins Tunes!
    EFILive-DSP4......Switch Your Colorado and Canyon Too!

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me View Post
    Wish you would have posted that a few days ago...took me a few minutes to figure it lol.

Went to flash my truck, 2006 cummins, everything started out fine, started erasing, then hung up and got an alert for a script error, tried again, same thing, tried to flash older tune, same thing, unhooked batts for 30 minutes, same issue. Whats my next step? TIA

Quote Originally Posted by twildman View Post
    Went to flash my truck, 2006 cummins, everything started out fine, started erasing, then hung up and got an alert for a script error, tried again, same thing, tried to flash older tune, same thing, unhooked batts for 30 minutes, same issue. Whats my next step? TIA
    Ima dumarse, had to update the v2 firmware, all is well.