Thread: cmc cm2100 attempting to read tune. Getitng $0312

Default cmc cm2100 attempting to read tune. Getitng $0312

I just received my flashscan v2 and I've got a cm2100 and when I attempt to read the tune I am getting $0312. I tried alternate keys and also assume lock may be faulty but still same thing. Just simply trying to read the key.

The ECM might be blocked from being read, a number of handheld tuners do this (do you know if it has been tuned before?). There is no way around it, you will have to source a suitable stock file.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Its very possible its blocked. The tuner who programmed my ecm is not accessible to me. I have to go thru my mechanic to reach him and he's been unresponsive. This is the primary reason I bought a flashscan v2. Without access to this bootblock, am I able to flash a stock file to this ECM through ODB2?

Yes you will be able to flash over what is in there.
    But you can't just use 'any' file, they are all configured in different ways depending on the truck.

As a starting point have a look on your ECM and there will be a sticker under the plugs. On there is a number called 'E/C', it will have something like S90220.06 on there, that lets us know what the ECM originally shipped with and what needs to become your base tune.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Yes you will be able to flash over what is in there.
    But you can't just use 'any' file, they are all configured in different ways depending on the truck.

As a starting point have a look on your ECM and there will be a sticker under the plugs. On there is a number called 'E/C', it will have something like S90220.06 on there, that lets us know what the ECM originally shipped with and what needs to become your base tune.
    Dont see anything with E/C. Just

P4934056
    2100AE000903
    T1946

The harness isn't factory, its custom.

That's not good, it must have come off because normally it would be right above the info you just posted, like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2100_EC.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	23560

I failed to mention that this is a vehicle with a swapped 6.7 crate motor. The harness is a custom standalone harness and I was told just assume everything is from an 07/08 Cummins. The ECM was programmed to only handle the motor (no gauges, no cruise control, no transmission, no vgt turbo, no security, no tipm).

Because I can't read the tune from the ECM the installer installed, I bought a 2009 ECM part number 5258003 in hopes of getting a better tune. So why go through all this trouble? With my current tune, I can't go above 2300 rpm at 5th gear or 6th gear, and 2600rpm is my max at 4th gear. The truck is sluggish at anything above 45mph. I've reported this to the tuner who did this work but have not heard back and its just time to take matters into my own hands.

andy

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    That's not good, it must have come off because normally it would be right above the info you just posted, like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2100_EC.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	23560