Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V8 Scan Tool Wish List

Default V8 Scan Tool Wish List

Hi All,

My wish list so far for the V8 Scan Tool is as follows:

1: For the charts, can we have the A/B/C tabs back again as in v7.5.
    I had all my tabs fully populated which I cannot do at the moment with V8 when logging so many PID's.

2: For the Maps, can we please have more than A-J?
    I create so many maps for each of the PID's I log, that having to switch between them all is a pain in the ass.

3: It'd be nice to have the same buttons back for the charts, mainly the "SET" & "ALL" zoom buttons.

4: Also I remeber a while ago Paul telling me that you can create a .map file that when you open up a log, it opens up all your maps to match the vDash?
    Not sure if this still is the case but that was an awesome awesome feature.

Thank you.
    HSV W427 / HSV SportsCat SV

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PHLTHS View Post
    1: For the charts, can we have the A/B/C tabs back again as in v7.5.
    I had all my tabs fully populated which I cannot do at the moment with V8 when logging so many PID's.
    Will investigate that.

2: For the Maps, can we please have more than A-J?
    I create so many maps for each of the PID's I log, that having to switch between them all is a pain in the ass.
    Will investigate that.

3: It'd be nice to have the same buttons back for the charts, mainly the "SET" & "ALL" zoom buttons.
    What did the "SET" button do?

In V8 to "zoom all", click the bottom x-axis.
    To zoom to the current selection, click in the selection.
    You can also zoom/pan (in both X and Y axis) by clicking in an axis and scrolling the mouse wheel to pan, hold Ctrl to zoom

4: Also I remeber a while ago Paul telling me that you can create a .map file that when you open up a log, it opens up all your maps to match the vDash?
    Not sure if this still is the case but that was an awesome awesome feature.
    Are you asking for that feature for V8? If so then V8 already does all that automatically. When you "Save Dashboard" it saves everthing, PIDs, charts, gauges, maps etc in a single *.dsh file. When you open that *.dsh file again everything is loaded again just as you saved it.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Hi Paul,

My apologies, I'm still getting use to the V8 software.

Yep I figured it out how set to the selected part in the log, when you highlight a section in the logs and then just double click it'll zoom to that highlighted section so no need for a "SET" button like one labelled in v7.5.

This is awesome and also the zoom to all by clicking the x-axis, awesome user friendly.

I can see when you open up a log file it opens up all the maps and charts etc, my bad still new here, however like with BBX logging as soon as you open up a log it would be tied to a vdashboard in v7.5, is that possible with V8 as I cannot see how to set it.

Thank you.

however like with BBX logging as soon as you open up a log it would be tied to a vdashboard in v7.5, is that possible with V8 as I cannot see how to set it.Thank you.
    No, I never implemented that for V8. If it's useful then it wouldn't be too hard to add in. I'll add it to the "to do" list.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    No, I never implemented that for V8. If it's useful then it wouldn't be too hard to add in. I'll add it to the "to do" list.

Regards
    Paul
    Yep it sure is. It's so user friendly being able to opening up a new log after logging it with the V2 BBX SD Card and all your dashboards, maps, pids (including calc pids), filters, charts, gauges open and from that point on all you have to do is filter to what you want to focus on.

Bliss..

In addition to this if possible:

1: I just performed my first V8 Pass-Through log, is it possible to be able to zoom out / adjust the window length whilst logging, it was a little fast being set I estimate @ a 5 second window, again if this is already working apologies still new with V8.

2: On the charts, the PID's Scale either using the default scaling or the auto scaling doesn't show the minimum and maximmum, is this possible to be shown like in v7.5?

3: A huge huge feature of V7.5 was the ability to edit the default locations of where all the files are saved such as maps, vdashboards etc.

This is of great benifit for people who use OneDrive and switch between multiple laptops, because you can edit a map or a dashboard on one computer, move to the next and the edits would be replicated.

Thank you for your time Paul / EFI Live.

1: I just performed my first V8 Pass-Through log, is it possible to be able to zoom out / adjust the window length whilst logging, it was a little fast being set I estimate @ a 5 second window, again if this is already working apologies still new with V8.
    Ctrl+Alt+I and Ctrl+Alt+O will zoom in/our while data logging.

2: On the charts, the PID's Scale either using the default scaling or the auto scaling doesn't show the minimum and maximmum, is this possible to be shown like in v7.5?
    No, the labels on the scales are auto spaced/generated. I could investigate an option to force the auto-spacing to always show the min/max. I'll investigate.
    Meanwhile, if you define your min/max judiciously then they will almost always show up how you want. The scales mostly attempt to show zero (if that exists in the scale) and then to show factors of 10 either side of that.
    So if you had the scale set to 0..100, then it will most likely show 0, 50, 100. If you had the scale set to 0..95, then it will most likely show 0, 50 only.

3: A huge huge feature of V7.5 was the ability to edit the default locations of where all the files are saved such as maps, vdashboards etc.
    Changing where the user could store EFILive data became a bit of problem for some users in V7. It caused a lot of support headaches for EFILive.
    But I'll look into the possibility of re-implementing it. If I did, would it be enough to allow the user to specify a single alternative folder to \Documents\EFILive\V8 while keeping the underlying folder structures the same? I.e. not being able to specify all folders individually?

Regards
    Paul

Lifetime Member

I think that'd work Paul, think just being able to specify the root location of the current V8 folder that currently sits in Documents would solve this. EFILive can specify whatever folder structure under the root that the V8 application needs to use. E.g. Change the save location from "C:\Users\erik\Documents\EFILive\V8" to : "C:\Users\erik\OneDrive\EFILive Share Files\V8" then have everything under "V8" be specified by EFILive in both scenarios.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

What about just redirecting the folder using a symbolic (or hard ) link?
    https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/1622...dows-or-linux/
    I haven't tried it but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Regards
    Paul

I've used symbolic links in Win7 and they work good.

There are some apps like LSE that make it easier than running mklink in the command shell.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Ctrl+Alt+I and Ctrl+Alt+O will zoom in/our while data logging.
    Is it possible to add buttons for the V8 scanner like the ones in V7.5 ? it will be easier and faster than keyboard shortcuts as we used to it
    EFILive Tuner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast