Thread: CMF 2450 VIN Change

Default CMF 2450 VIN Change

Is there any way to program the VIN on one of these. Have a customer that was flashing a tune with a different software and the VIN got corrupted. If I retrieve the VIN with V8 it shows up as all zeroes. I can input the VIN, and I get the prompt asking if I want to change it, I click yes, and it goes through with no errors. When I reconnect and retrieve the VIN, its all zeroes again. Also tried with 7.5 bi directional but that gives an error when I try to change it. I am running the latest V8 RC5

Are you sure the ECM is fully operational? (well, does the truck run). They normally wouldn't return all 0's for a VIN unless it was stuck in bootmode after a failed flash.
    The VIN change on these must be done with V8, it will not work with V7 because the messages to change the VIN are different (V8 does it correctly).
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Are you sure the ECM is fully operational? (well, does the truck run). They normally wouldn't return all 0's for a VIN unless it was stuck in bootmode after a failed flash.
    The VIN change on these must be done with V8, it will not work with V7 because the messages to change the VIN are different (V8 does it correctly).
    Yes, truck starts and runs 3 seconds. ECM was operational, got the VIN programmed with another software, but apparently the other modules on the truck didnt like the 00000000000 VIN.
    Still stuck in antitheft mode, I suppose I have to register the module with Dodge software. I assume it would have worked if he wouldnt have keyed on after the flash. As far as doing the VIN with V8, it didnt work, returned no errors and I got all the dialogs for key off and everything, but all zeroes every time I reconnected

Well not sure what the 'other software' has done but I can assure you the VIN change on these works perfectly on our test ECM here.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Hey did you ever get this figured out? I have a 2450 on the bench. Good ecm , will auto detect and spit out all the details in V8, cal , vin etc etc. Go to vin change and read the current vin and put in the new vin and it says no data received error. I’m using bench force harness and block. Thanks

Hey guys. Just wondering if they ever got this to work. I posted the issue I was having a week or so back. Just trying to bump , to see if I can get any input. I’ve got a good ecm on the bench and get a no data received when I try to change vin. Thanks !