Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gmpp lt4

Wow that is going way back (majordomo), yes both myself and Paul were active back in the DIY-EFI Email group days as well. We would probably have to use the Wayback Machine to find all that stuff now.
    I still have a lot of those old late 80's early 90's Delco Memcal based PCM's lying around, probably considered vintage now
    That was a good group of people back then, sadly it is very, very, different in this industry today.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Yeah, that was a great group and a lot of fun. "Huntington to Catalina in 15 minutes" was a fun one I started, lol. Yeah it sure seems the industry is wayyyyy different.
    Shoot, I was just explaining on another site how to calculate the checksum on one of the chip 'puters. I had to load it in my old hex workshop to remind me, actually took me a couple tries to get it right and I've only had a couple beers

Hi Ross,
    just a quick question. Do you use a mode to identify(maybe 35) to get info and then embed that into your own file or should I look deeper? I will still mill this case apart anyhoosit(they are micro welded as you know, pretty cool process if you haven't looked).

For most of GM's ECM's they don't support reading modes like Bosch for example, we have to download and execute our own code in the ECM to read them.
    Yes I have opened up an E92, initially I thought this welded shut lid concept was really bad but then they are pretty cheap to buy new so I guess GM didn't care about 'E-waste' when it came to the design.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Hi Ross and thanks for the reply,
    I am new to 32 bit stuff and am familiar with "bootloaders". The 8bit bootloader (not yours) that required no rom calls to spit out everything that wasn't "protected" via the IO register was brilliant. When we moved forward to "satisfying" the protection layers it became even more intriguing.

What I wish I had is an opcode list of MOT68xxx. Of course each end user manufacturer develops their own singularity opcodes for mass. It's soooooo time consuming to have to figure it out like we used to do in the '90's. For me, I like to see how GM or Ford or others do it for my own curious sake.

Fun stuff

CPU in the E92 isn't a 68xxx, they are PowerPC based. GM has been that way since about 2006.

Yes, I apologize. I'm still learning and researching. The E38 on up as you stated. Seems to be MOT based regardless of Bosch, but again, still learning.

Sorry to drag this back up. I wouldn't mind seeing a "real" bin file so I could see what I am missing. The PowerPC is definitely different, I still "see" stuff as motorola though, lol

PowerPC is nothing like 68000, nothing!
    Your file had everything you need to play around with.

Thanks again for the reply Ross, Yup, that powerpc is wayyyyy different. Good seeing you and Paul are successful. Your software is incredibly powerful and fun. Thanks for having me
    -Carl

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast