Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Current Public Release November 2020

Lifetime Member

Default Current Public Release November 2020

IMPORTANT

For users dealing with the V3 AutoCal products you must use this release and ensure that all devices have the firmware updated to the version in this release prior to being used on vehicles.

Full Release Notes:

Version Numbers:
    After installing this beta release you should have the following software and firmware versions installed:

• EFILive V7 software: V7.5.31 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).
    • EFILive V8 software: V8.3.1 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).
    • FlashScan/AutoCal V3 Firmware: V3.00.056 (Oct 22 2020). Boot block will be updated to V3.00.005.
    • FlashScan/AutoCal V2 Firmware: V2.07.167 (Oct 22, 2020).

Download here:

Known Issues:
    To ask about features, request improvements or to simply provide feedback (positive or negative) on the new V8 editor, please use this thread: https://forum.efilive.com/forumdispl...V8-Tune-Editor

Regards,
    The EFILive Team
    Last edited by cindy@efilive; July 8th, 2021 at 01:43 PM.

Appears to be a issue with the download links. People report links don't work and not downloading for me either.

Lifetime Member

I had to right ckick and open in a new tab to get them, same things happened on most of the previous ones for a while for me.
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

I had to right click as well and open in a new window for download.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Road View Post
    Appears to be a issue with the download links. People report links don't work and not downloading for me either.
    Seems to be an issue for Chrome browsers only (from what we've heard), maybe they have introduced some sort of link blocking?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Right clicking works. Thanks for the help!

Is it possible to have the Try Key Range for unlocking LLY and LB7 controllers accept a hex value? It seems to only take decimal. But if you enter a Hex value, you get no error, and it just resorts to running the "Try Stock Key" Option.
    Josh

'04 GMC LLY
    - L5P, Motech, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans.
    '05 GMC LLY - 250%, 12mm, 67mm Custom Turbo, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans
    '19 3500 RAM - Tuned Aisin 0_o

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chavez91 View Post
    Is it possible to have the Try Key Range for unlocking LLY and LB7 controllers accept a hex value? It seems to only take decimal. But if you enter a Hex value, you get no error, and it just resorts to running the "Try Stock Key" Option.
    I think if you prefix the hex value with $ it will accept it. Like $0000 and $FFFF.
    Note: that should be true of most integer fields in the software. The String to Integer conversion in Delphi recognizes the $ as a hex prefix (i.e. not 0x like "C" uses).

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    I think if you prefix the hex value with $ it will accept it. Like $0000 and $FFFF.
    Note: that should be true of most integer fields in the software. The String to Integer conversion in Delphi recognizes the $ as a hex prefix (i.e. not 0x like "C" uses).
    Giving this a try.

I did get it going, but after about 2225 keys it said "Locked with custom Key" So i checked the "Restart" box and now its just running like if you have "Try Stock Key" checked... its not restarting. It just does this....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V8.png 
Views:	186 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	23645
    Josh

'04 GMC LLY
    - L5P, Motech, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans.
    '05 GMC LLY - 250%, 12mm, 67mm Custom Turbo, 6-Spd Conv. ML Trans
    '19 3500 RAM - Tuned Aisin 0_o

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chavez91 View Post
    Giving this a try.

I did get it going, but after about 2225 keys it said "Locked with custom Key" So i checked the "Restart" box and now its just running like if you have "Try Stock Key" checked... its not restarting. It just does this....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	V8.png 
Views:	186 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	23645
    When it says "Locked with custom Key", that means it has tried all the keys in the range specified. There is no "restarting" in that case - since it has tried all the keys in that range.
    Restarting is only useful if you stop it (or it crashes - i.e. battery failure etc) before the complete/requested range has been tried. The reason a restart option exists is because the keys are not tried in numerical order. They are tried in a random order but in such a way that all keys in the range are tried only once.

So let's say you were trying keys in the trivial range 1..10. It might try the keys in this random order: 4, 2, 7, 5, 1, 10, 9, 6, 8, 3. Then assume you aborted it after it had tried only these 4 keys: 4, 2, 7, 5. As the user, you don't know which keys have or have not been tried, you only know that 4 keys have been tried. You might assume that keys 1, 2 ,3, 4 had been tried, so to continue you might incorrectly set the range to 5..10 to try the last 6 keys. However, because the keys are tried in a random order, keys 1 and 3 would not ever get tried - since it tried 4, 2, 7 and 5 in the first try and then 5 thru 10 in the second try (missing keys 1 and 3).

If you had a range of 1..1000, then it would try all 1000 keys in random order. If it completed all 1000 keys and did not unlock the ECM then it would show "Locked with custom Key". If it was stopped by the user or aborted in some way before trying all 1000 keys then using the restart option would restart at the most recently tried key in the range 1..1000 (you can't change the range when using restart).

If it had finished the 1..1000 and you wanted it to try 1001..2000, then you would enter the new range 1001..2000 and just click [Cal Flash] to start that new range.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast