Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: November 2020, Release Candidate 6

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default November 2020, Release Candidate 6

ATTENTION - Release Candidate Software
    This software contains a new CSP switchable tune operating system for CMF controllers. It is an "early access" feature that is not intended for production use just yet. EFILive is looking for feedback on the performance of the CMF CSP OS. Please do not install the CMF CSP OS on remote vehicles. Only install it on vehicles in your workshop that you can recover easily if the CSP5 OS causes problems.

For users dealing with the V3 AutoCal products you must use this release and ensure that all devices have the firmware updated to the version in this release prior to being used on vehicles.

The current public release is available here.

Full Release Notes:

Version Numbers:
    After installing this beta release you should have the following software and firmware versions installed:

• EFILive V7 software: V7.5.31 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).
    • EFILive V8 software: V8.3.1 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).
    • FlashScan/AutoCal V3 Firmware: V3.00.056 (Oct 22 2020). Boot block will be updated to V3.00.005. (no change since RC4)
    • FlashScan/AutoCal V2 Firmware: V2.07.167 (Oct 22, 2020). (no change since RC4)

Download here:

Known Issues for RC6:
    The "What's New" document lists "Added editing support for T87" as a new feature. T87 editing support is not yet available in the V8 software, please continue to use the V7.5 editor instead.

To ask about features, request improvements or to simply provide feedback (positive or negative) on the new V8 editor, please use this thread: https://forum.efilive.com/forumdispl...V8-Tune-Editor

Regards,
    The EFILive Team
    Last edited by cindy@efilive; November 11th, 2020 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Public Release now available
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

When are E78 ECMs planned to be supported in V8?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    When are E78 ECMs planned to be supported in V8?
    We are planning on releasing V8 editing support for all currently supported controllers over the next few weeks.
    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

Great to hear, thanks Paul!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

I'm having an issue getting cax to be recognized for CMF OS 52190300 with Calibration 52370931AF Cal Def 521903100.calz. I verified that other cax work for other OS and Same OS with different Cal #'s, and I verified that the cax is in the correct folder. The cax has not changed since before the update to this version. I'm also not seeing any way to upgrade to any CSP OS.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosephos View Post
    I'm having an issue getting cax to be recognized for CMF OS 52190300 with Calibration 52370931AF Cal Def 521903100.calz. I verified that other cax work for other OS and Same OS with different Cal #'s, and I verified that the cax is in the correct folder. The cax has not changed since before the update to this version. I'm also not seeing any way to upgrade to any CSP OS.

Cax has to match the EXACT name that the CALZ in efilive is using. So the name would have to be 521903100.cax Which means that it is a ALT calibration. It shares the same os name as another calibration using the same os number so that is why it is a alt, as the locations in the files would be different.
    "If you can leave a black mark on the pavement, from the exit of one corner to the braking point of the next one, you have enough horsepower."

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me View Post
    Cax has to match the EXACT name that the CALZ in efilive is using. So the name would have to be 521903100.cax Which means that it is a ALT calibration. It shares the same os name as another calibration using the same os number so that is why it is a alt, as the locations in the files would be different.
    I have 2 PCs running V7.5. One is on an older install, and the other is on the latest RC. The older version opens the file fine and populates tables listed in the cax file... the newer version of 7.5 will not recognize the cax for the same file, having identical cax files in the calibration folder as the PC with the older version. Why would the .calz be different from the old version 7.5 to the latest 7.5 RC? The older version shows "521903001.calz" for the calibration name.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosephos View Post
    The older version shows "521903001.calz" for the calibration name.
    Looking back over our change logs it appears in Feb 2020 we had to change how the OS numbering worked for the ALT_OS files.
    The ALT_OS numbering is needed because Cummins keep releasing OS's with the same number (eg 52.19.03.00) BUT between two different files the maps are actually in different locations, it's crazy and really annoying.

If your old .cax was called 521903001.cax, in the newer released (after Feb 2020) just rename your .cax file 521903100.cax.

To know what it needs to be called just follow what 'wait4me' suggested - cax has to match the EXACT name that the .calz EFILive is using (which is shown when the file is loaded).
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

That OS is not one that can be updated for CSP, that is an older OS from mid/late 2019 that Dodge have release 4 updates for, the latest one being from APR-2020.
    52.19.07.00 is the latest OS and that can be CSP5 updated.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Thread closed, public release software now available. See here https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...-November-2020

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast