Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 07.5-13 L92 Intake/Swap

Default 07.5-13 L92 Intake/Swap

Just picked up truck that had a motor previously installed with a NNBS (07.5-13) intake and associated 823 casting L92s on a mildly cammed 6.0. Truck is a 2003 DBW rcsb original 5.3 truck. Truck has intake with associated fuel rails and claimed matching injectors (in tune injector flow is 34.98lb/hr flatlined accross the board). It does have correct injector adapter harness but tune is garbage. Trying to patch it up to make it drivable. For now. Keep getting P0106 Map sensor code and it does have the newer style map sensor in it while the files to my knowledge in the ls1b havent been touched. Any suggestions on a parameter to change for the newer map sensor or would it me a sensor or mechanical issue? Will stumble between 1500-1800 rpm only if you try and blip the throttle. Not aure if it would be related. I am pretty knowledgeable with the platform but mixmatching stuff i want to be sure. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
    2024 3500HD (SRW) Duramax Denali Reserve
    2021 Ram 4500 Limited (Horse Hauler)
    2016 LML 2500HD Duramax High Country with a little help
    2022 Yukon Denali

Looking through some of my E38 Gen4 stuff it looks like the scaling for the MAP is different with different references.

Scaling is different for each MAP sensor. For the LS1 controller, you might need to flash a custom OS for MAP scaling parameters to be available. Can you post a copy of your tune? Do you have part numbers for your MAP sensor and fuel injectors?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I actually didn't take the time to look and see if a custom OS was available. I can post tune tomorrow as it is on my computer at work. I do not have the part numbers since it was all done before i got ahold of it. The intake and fuel rails are supposed to match and came from same vehicle along with those heads. The injectors I believe are the same as well but not 100% sure on that. I was looking at the Injector Flow Rate Scaling of an 07 vortec max truck (6.0/l92s) truck i had and it peaked similar but was not dead flat like they had it.

I am going to get my computer out and post the tune. I think based on what was said vs. what was put in the original trash tune it should be these injectors (see part # below). I have a flow rate for Delta from an E38 for these but not for scaled to MAP PSI (which maybe wrong with the newer intake).

Part# 12576341

I am not sure how to attached the tune? Seems the format has changed since the last time I had been on.

See this: Hosting-an-Image but attach your .ctz tune file instead of a pic.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    See this: Hosting-an-Image but attach your .ctz tune file instead of a pic.
    Joecar, it must had been the platform I was using (Google and not the new Internet Explorer). It looked different from the Google platform. Almost like I was unverified. Regardless if you went to quick reply or advanced there was no selections to add/edit or attach anything. Went over to the new version of Internet Explorer and it shows up as it has for years and will allow me to attach as shown in the link you posted. Not sure what was going on but it was on my end looks like. I will have Tune File posted shortly. Thanks.
    2022 Yukon Denali

Alright. Here they are. The "Original" is what was pulled out of the truck when I got it and would barely run. The "Modified2" is the base file I started working on to get started and a basis to start logging data. Main thing I was trying to do was get a good base timing and fuel table and get it to crank, idle and idle not hang like it was supposed to with both AC on and off. I stopped because it was getting late and wanted to check on the MAP sensor performance. With that being said. Truck has newer MAP sensor to go with the Newer intake on top of the L92s. Injectors are also in questions as my E38 original 6.0 stuff has a different ramp and lb/hr yet they are supposed to be the same. The E38 for both MAP and Injector Flow Base information are graphed and calculated differently than the LS1B PCM. Any help on getting this thing ironed out would be great. Once I get this sorted I am going to try and take it from there. Also, I did not see where there was an upgraded OS available for the VIN/OS?LS1B_2003RCSBOriginal_11-17-20.ctzLS1B_2003RCSB_Modified2_11-17-20.ctz
    2022 Yukon Denali

Do you have a wideband connected...?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast