Thread: LB7 PID question

Default LB7 PID question

Hi. Working with a stock LB7 ECM calibration with a V2 and v8.3.1 E54 ECM.

I'm doing logging, and added all the ECM main fuel PIDs available: FUEL_THR_M, FUEL_MAIN_M, MAINRATE, FUELRCALC, all expressed in mm3.

When I try "Link to Scan Tool" for linked tracing of the log within the calibration, there is no PID available in the "Row PID" pulldown for any table that uses "mm3/stroke" on the Y axis, eg. B0720, B1102, etc. I must be missing something simple. The column PID values are available, ie PCM.RPM for the X axis on B1102.

I did a little poking around and v7.5 had a DMX_Link.ini file which called out FUELQ_MAIN_DMA as the correct PID, but that one is not available in the PID list for the E54 ECM.

Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by dndj View Post
    Hi. Working with a stock LB7 ECM calibration with a V2 and v8.3.1 E54 ECM.

I'm doing logging, and added all the ECM main fuel PIDs available: FUEL_THR_M, FUEL_MAIN_M, MAINRATE, FUELRCALC, all expressed in mm3.

When I try "Link to Scan Tool" for linked tracing of the log within the calibration, there is no PID available in the "Row PID" pulldown for any table that uses "mm3/stroke" on the Y axis, eg. B0720, B1102, etc. I must be missing something simple. The column PID values are available, ie PCM.RPM for the X axis on B1102.

I did a little poking around and v7.5 had a DMX_Link.ini file which called out FUELQ_MAIN_DMA as the correct PID, but that one is not available in the PID list for the E54 ECM.

Thanks for the help.
    Sent in the question the the Efi Live help link, Paul replied and confirmed it was a known issue with v8.3.1. Downloaded and installed v8.3.2 today, problem is fixed. The tables with axis labeled in "mm3/stroke" didn't match the PIDs expressed in "mm3" units. Once the mapping was created everything works as expected. Thanks to Paul for the fast response.