Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4l60e TCC Lockup unlocking at 0% throttle

You seem rather upset about this, 3 posts all parading the fact the HPTuners has these tables.
    The answer is STILL no, we aren't going to go back and update platforms that we first worked on 15 - 20 years ago.
    The information to generate your own .cax files for these controllers is all over the internet, that is also part of the reason why it seems like an unproductive usage of our time do add these in.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Why wouldn't I be upset.. I was given the same run around years ago when asking about missing idle tables in the LBZ controller..

Well I'm not sure what your goal was then by posting the same thing in two different threads and then starting a new one on the same topic, if it didn't worry you then why go to all that trouble?

It is difficult trying to convey to people how challenging what we do is, I wish I could just call someone up at GM or Bosch and ask for information but it doesn't work like that.
    If we can't find the tables we can't find them! I'm sure that would have been the same message at the time they were requested, nothing has changed in that regard.
    Unless GM or FORD etc want to release their own tuners then I don't think you will ever find software that covers everything and fulfils everyone's needs.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I have no doubt the amount of time needed to reverse engineer vehicle engine management systems.. mad respect. It's just that in my searching for this specific issue I run across fairly new post from others wanting to tune the same issue all I can find is a couple tuners that have managed to build there own CAX and the competitor "Hewlett Packard Tuners" that have had this in their software for so many years. And now to add insult to injury after spending thousands with this company am told to basically search for google and create some software yourself.. I've spent hours doing just that with no results.

Congratulations to HPT, but I don't know what more you want me to say other than me repeating myself, they found these things and we can't.
    As a customer, is the expectation that EFILive 'should' or is obliged to spend hours, days, weeks (who knows how long it might take) trying to figure out every additional request for controllers that we've already retired from active development ?

I came to the realisation many years ago we cannot please everyone and I might be coming across a bit abrupt, but when we hear this stuff constantly it wears thin when we mostly have no control over it.
    We do the best we can with what we have, if that isn't good enough then there is no magic potion I can use to fix that, apologies if you feel let down.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12