Thread: Saving ECM/TCM Files

Default Saving ECM/TCM Files

I'm holding out for the V2 hardware to be released, since if I understand it correctly (which I might not), to buy the scan only tool now is $249, and when V2 hadware comes out, I think I was told (or read) that it was like $199 or $299 to upgrade from V1 to V2 hardware (or am I mistaken?). Anyway, When I get the scan tool (unless by the time V2 is released I have the money for the commercial version), would I be able to read and save the tune(s) in my ECM and TCM to my PC with just the scan version (obviously I couldn't edit/save or flash)? and if I'm mistaken on the price to upgrade from the V1 hardware to the V2, please correct me... I'm somewhat confused....

Scan Only license should ONLY license the Scan Tool.

To read a PCM/TCM you use the Tune Tool, so I would expect the answer to be no.

The last published information of upgrade costs from V1 to V2 was $299 if I recall correctly.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

If the answer is no (the only reason I thought it MIGHT be possible is that the read function does not require any licenses), If someone nearby me had personal or commercial EFILive, would I be able to use their cable to read my ECM/TCM and save the file(s) without compromising their license(s) or cable?

The Tune Tool will probably run in Demo Mode though, so I doubt it. The cable is licensed as well as the software.
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Upgrading to the FlashScan V2 hardware is $399* regardless of what license you currently hold. You will end up with the same license on your FlashScan V2 interface cable.
    i.e. if you had a Scan Only license on V1 and upgraded to V2, then you'd have a Scan Only license for V2.
    If you had a Commercial Scan and Tune license on V1 and upgraded to V2, then you'd have a Commercial Scan and Tune license for V2.

Those who purchased the Scan Tool prior to the recent price drop to $249 can upgrade to a Scan and Tune license for $211. Those who purchased the Scan Tool after the recent price drop to $249 can upgrade to a Scan and Tune license for $500.

* For the first month of FlashScan V2 sales, the upgrade price will be $299.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar281
    If the answer is no (the only reason I thought it MIGHT be possible is that the read function does not require any licenses), If someone nearby me had personal or commercial EFILive, would I be able to use their cable to read my ECM/TCM and save the file(s) without compromising their license(s) or cable?
    Yes - PM sent.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Thanks Guys