Thread: CM2450 help

Default CM2450 help

Hello guys i was trying to flash a 2019 with cm2450 the truck half way gave me an error i dont recall the code now. I tried reflashing again and keep getting ecm not detected ignition is off. I went ahead and removed the cluster and unplugged the security gateway and used a bypass there, before i was using the obd2 and cable to the CAN block as bypass. I also removed both batterys for 15 min and still no communication.

Any recommendations or anyone has pinout to try on bench?

Code is. $0549

From EFILive:

ROM Boot Recovery
    In some flash failure instances the ECM may stop responding and cannot be recovered to normal operation by simply retrying the flash.

Such situations may occur if the ECM was flashed with a non-compatible operating system, or where the failed flash occurred right at the end of the process but the ECM thinks it completed.

In these situations the ECM is usually only recoverable by forcing the ECM into ROM Boot Recovery mode. Specialized bench programming equipment, such as the BenchForce PowerBlock IV with ROM Boot Switch is required to perform this task.

Tips to recover the ECM using this equipment includes:

The ECM must be powered down. (IGN switch off but battery power connected.)
    Hold the ROM Boot switch on.
    Power the ECM and bench equipment.
    Attempt to flash the ECM with your recovery file.
    Once the flash is under way you can turn off the ROM Boot switch.

Note: I have tried this on 10-15 ECMs and have had no luck. Maybe there is a specific procedure to do this.

Thanks for the reply, the efilive support team helped me a few days after this post with the rom boot pinout very helpful

I had this same issue and was able to recover with a flash using HP Tuners.
    Last edited by slimmons2009; February 22nd, 2023 at 11:21 PM.

Seems like the efi on these 2450s are very picky! I had a 19 here and would do the same thing.. the he gentleman that recovered it 2x said the cpu usage was at 100% and you couldn’t even ROM boot it, he had to do some voltage sequencing to recover it…

Rom boot fixes it 100% now if you brick them with hp tuners no way of bringing back to life