Thread: stock tune file express van DBC not DBW

Default stock tune file express van DBC not DBW

I have EFIlive V2 to learn to tune and set up some projects I have. Im running SBC and everything I am set up for is drive by cable. All the tuning files I am looking at are for the express platform, my understanding this platform used SBC with the 411. I downloaded many files thinking they would be DBC but when I open the file it has Electric throttle folders so obviously I have a bunch of wrong files. Does anyone here have EFIlive and have any experience with this? I was told by someone in a group on FB that it just pops up on the program even if it isnt supported, I have a hard time believing that. Im building a 350 and also have a 4.3 turbo project. I was able to get a HPtuners file of what looks to be correct but the files do not cross to EFIlive, HPtuners has a .HPT file and EFlive uses .CTZ. I downloaded HPtuners to be able to access the tune and seen nothing that referred to electric throttle in it. Does someone with EFIlive have correct files or give me an understanding as to why I keep seeing this electric throttle folder popping up in these tunes. Have access to the onedrive site with the EFIlive files but everything is looking to be DBW.

Thanks everyone

Alan Hulse

Lifetime Member

DBC vs DBW is a config on LS1B PCMs under System -> Platform Operations. Look at the column, compare the platform that's being used, and see what options are actually enabled in the tune.

All LS1 PCMs will have the tables for both, some PCMs (IIRC mostly 1MB PCMs) will physically not have the hardware to control the IAC thereby making them useful for DBW applications only.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.