Thread: Up date on Help Contents.

Default Up date on Help Contents.

I printed all the help pages for Tune and Scan when I received 7.1.7 and noticed that some things were different on the 7.1.8 version on my PC display from the 7.1.7 help page. The four FlashScan Control Panel buttons have different names for example.
    Before I reprint will there be another change in "help" coming out?
    A version number at the bottom of the page would be helpful.
    A heads up when you change help would really be helpful. Sort of confusing when you're looking a two different pictures of the same panel.
    Also it would be nice to be able to high light/copy or print the "More info" areas. When I open these, I can't right click on them.
    Thanks, Curt
    99C5, mn6, Vortec T trim, Snow meth injection, AFR 205s, ARP studs,Comp 224*112*+2*.580", YellaTerra RRs, PRC Ti's w/dbls, Supermaxx LTs, No Cats, Corsa Indys, LS6Intk, Hurst, Fikse Aro18"s. Pilot Sports 315/30,265/35, 04ZO6 Shocks Hotchkis bars, EBC YellowStuff pads, SS hoses, LM-1, EFILive, 2002 OS. RPS dual disc Clutch, DTE Strut Brace & output shaft.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

The help files will be updated in the next release V7.1.9, which is being beta tested now.

I'll add copy functionality to the more info screens - although the copy feature will not copy the formatting (bold/underline etc) it will only copy the text.

Note:
    Much of the "More info..." data comes from *.rtf (rich text format) files in the
    Program Files\EFILive\V7\Configuration folder.
    You can view those files using Windows Wordpad.

Sometimes the files will contin a reference to another *.rtf file in angle brackets, like this: <filename.rtf>. That means the contents of the referenced file will also be included in the "More info..." window.

Paul

Good idea.

Paul, can we add to the header or footer in the documentation the version number of the current major release, and add somewhere that "... minor bug fixes and other interem changes NOT ADDED to documentation will be indicated found at the EFILive website..."?

Let me nkow if you want a complete review of the documentation again.

MRK