Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WO2S11 return wrong data

Default WO2S11 return wrong data

I'm new for V8 scanner
    It seems that when I connect AEM UEGO 30-0334 and adjust the WO2S11 to log via OBD2 it will return wrong data ( Lambda = 113 !! )

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    EFILive Tuner

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wesam View Post
    I'm new for V8 scanner
    It seems that when I connect AEM UEGO 30-0334 and adjust the WO2S11 to log via OBD2 it will return wrong data ( Lambda = 113 !! )

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks
    Hi Wesam,

With the wide band connected, display the wide band data on FlashScans screen:
    On V2 and V3, use the option: Scan Tool -> F2: Data Logging -> F3: Display W02.

Let it show the wide band data for 5-10 seconds, note down the approx. ranges of Lambda that were displayed (like, 100-120), then save and attach a COM data trace file from the FlashScan device itself.
    That will capture/show the raw data coming from the wideband.

To capture the COM data:
    On V2,use the option: Scan Tool -> F3: Scan Options -> F4: Save COM Data.
    On V3, use the option: Scan Tool -> F3: Scan Options -> F2: Save COM Data.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Hi Wesam,

Let it show the wide band data for 5-10 seconds, note down the approx. ranges of Lambda that were displayed (like, 100-120), then save and attach a COM data trace file from the FlashScan device itself.

To capture the COM data:

Regards
    Paul
    After a lot of tests it seems just my new V3 is returning false data my V2 returning correct lambda
    i tried to display lambda on both V2 and V3 BBX but it does not show any thing
    on V3 it just makes a beep in V2 it says no Wo2 found but if I serial connect it it will log
    EFILive Tuner

Did you save the com data and send it to Paul...?

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Did you save the com data and send it to Paul...?
    I did not for two reasons
    first when I tried to show WO2 data on V3 it does not show the WO2 data
    second when I tried to BBX log and record it shows error: $01CD Requested file not found
    EFILive Tuner

Hi Wesam,

To capture the COM data:

Regards
    Paul
    Trace and log sent to you Paul
    EFILive Tuner

Trace and log sent to you Paul
    Hi Wesam,

There is a fault in the V8 scan tool as follows:

By default the SAE PID WO2S11 is defined with a scale of 2/65535 = 3.0518E-5. That is also the scaling for lambda used by the wide band controller.
    In later versions of the OBDII protocol, the SAE defined additional scaling options for the wide band PIDs that can be requested by the ECM. The controller that you are logging modified the scaling for the WO2S11 PID. That in turn affected the way the V8 scan tool scaled the lambda data returned by the wide band controller. That data from the wide band controller should not have been scaled as it was not transmitted by the ECM (which was the controller that modified the scaling) but was transmitted by the wide band controller (masquerading as a glow plug module) which did not request any modified scaling.

This issue will only occur when logging ECM controllers that modify the scaling of the PID WO2S11 (which is the PID the wide band controller uses to transmit wide band data).

Unfortunately there is no easy/quick fix for that particular issue. I have updated the V8 scan tool to not modify the scaling of PIDs that originate from the GPM (i.e wide band) even if/when the ECM requests modified scaling for that PID.
    That update should be available as a beta release this week or early next week.

Regards
    Paul

Also, when using the AEM UEGO in CAN mode, you cannot use the V2/V3 on-screen display for wide band data. That is only for RS232 serial based wide band controllers.
    When using the AEM UEGO in CAN mode, you can only monitor/log wide band data via the scan tool in pass-thru mode or via black box logging in stand alone mode.

Regards
    Paul

Hi Wesam,

There is a fault in the V8 scan tool as follows:

By default the SAE PID WO2S11 is defined with a scale of 2/65535 = 3.0518E-5. That is also the scaling for lambda used by the wide band controller.
    In later versions of the OBDII protocol, the SAE defined additional scaling options for the wide band PIDs that can be requested by the ECM. The controller that you are logging modified the scaling for the WO2S11 PID. That in turn affected the way the V8 scan tool scaled the lambda data returned by the wide band controller. That data from the wide band controller should not have been scaled as it was not transmitted by the ECM (which was the controller that modified the scaling) but was transmitted by the wide band controller (masquerading as a glow plug module) which did not request any modified scaling.

This issue will only occur when logging ECM controllers that modify the scaling of the PID WO2S11 (which is the PID the wide band controller uses to transmit wide band data).

Unfortunately there is no easy/quick fix for that particular issue. I have updated the V8 scan tool to not modify the scaling of PIDs that originate from the GPM (i.e wide band) even if/when the ECM requests modified scaling for that PID.
    That update should be available as a beta release this week or early next week.

Regards
    Paul
    Paul are you sure it V8 scammer fault ? Ot seems its working well with V2
    The scalling problem just when I use the V3
    EFILive Tuner

Paul are you sure it V8 scammer fault ? Ot seems its working well with V2
    The scalling problem just when I use the V3
    There are 5 combinations that you can use to log data:

1. Does it work in pass-thru with V7/V2?
    2. Does it work in pass-thru with V8/V2?
    3. Does it work in pass-thru with V8/V3?
    4. Does it work in BB logging with V2?
    5. Does it work in BB logging with V3?

Also, if you hex-edit the *.pld file and remove the scaling from the meta data then you will see the lambda values correctly.
    I.e. look for this in the file that you sent (E38_AEM_0000.pld):

I:~|..INFO=SAEJ1979,MAX_EQR0=0,MAX_O2V0=0,MAX_O2A0 =0,MAX_MAP0=0,MAX_MAF0=0,MAX_EQR1=226,MAX_O2V1=0,MAX_O2A1=64,MAX_MAP1=0,MAX_MAF1=226

Change the red values to 0.
    Those red values were somehow obtained by the EFILive software and used to re-scale the WO2 data. I'm not sure how the software got the scaling - I am discussing that with Mike (Dr.Mike) who wrote the firmware for the AEM.

It may be that the V7 software is not confusing the scaling like the V8 software is.

Regards
    Paul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast