Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why EFI Live isn't as good as it could be...challenge is issued.

Default Why EFI Live isn't as good as it could be...challenge is issued.

I hoped that title would get some comments/views.

I bought the commercial version so I can play with sd down the road.

The VE tutorial is very good along with the other tutorials.

THE PROBLEM: EFI LIVE needs a comprehensive "how to" tutorial for ALL of the features it has. Hot idle problems, cold idle problems, detailed instructions to install and tune a sd os for a boosted engine, 2bar, 3bar tuning, rpm vs PE, decel airflow,etc.

If you don't think that's necessary, just read all of the related posts on this forum....most folks (including me) can't use 10% of the power EFI Live has due to the lack of instructions.

I love EFI Live and would buy it again...just want to make it better than the other guys(who have stepped up THEIR tutorial approach).

Make it a goal to add ONE tutorial a month to address the repeated topics on this forum.

Just MHO .

Cheers.

Tom d.

Come on....20 views and no comments.....tell me we don't need no stinkin manual...do it the manly way and spend hours figuring it out.......countless folks have programmed without a manual....

a manual would piss off the tuners for hire.....

or......

Lifetime Member

I do believe this question has been asked and answered before. I'll let one of those that knows more than myself answer for certain.

I beleve from the start EFIlive was not going to have a tutoral on how to tune. You should know what a VE table does if you purchase EFIlive . There is a space on every table for you to add your own notes about that table and what it does . There is training on EFIlive from a thrid party if you needed as well

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=2807

The concept of a comprehensive tutorial is excellent. The reality is that it will take a lot of time and resources to complete it, and when it's all done, it will still leave questions unanswered. It's impossible to answer every possible tuning question, many of which are a consequence of mechanical problems or ill advised modifications. Then, after you resolve all those issues, how do you adequately convey the information to people who don't understand how an internal combustion engine works?
    Certainly, more detailed tutorials would be helpful, and I'm sure they will come in time, but I think it's unrealistic to expect Ross and Paul to take time away from software development to write them in the short term. In the mean time, all the members of the EFILive forum have been doing a great job helping anyone with a problem.
    DigitalEFI- EFILive US Distributor
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by dc_justin
    I do believe this question has been asked and answered before. I'll let one of those that knows more than myself answer for certain.
    I don't know more...but, I have the basics of the "Answer".

EFILive's FlashScan is a tuning "Tool". EFILive provides the tool they do not provide training for the tool.

I bought a Dewalt compound miter saw at Home Depot. Dewalt doesn't provide a carpentry tutorial for the saw. Same concept.

joel

There are some good books around. Plus you will read enough after a few days searching and reading posts here to get a handle on the basics.
    You will soon see that a rigid guide for beginners just wont work. Too many variables, Autotune, Idle and timing are pretty much the basic processes. Then fiddle about to personalise things. The Autotune tutorial comes with the product. The idle tune is a sticky.
    Timing is tricky and should really be done on a dyno, but if you mess about long enough you can get something that works fairly well.

Some like lots of throttle follower, others like no decel fuel cut off. Idle speeds are also personal, trans shifts are a whole new kettle of fish too. Again as mentioned far too many variables to tell someone "do this, then that"
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

JMO!!!

In addition to the aforementioned.
    -Tuning is more complicated than you realize. Have fun doing a writeup.
    -There is no definitive tuning method.
    -There are legal issues if you blow your engine using their written methods.
    2003 red vert
    Mods:
    LS7 crate engine, wet sump, 24xx reluctor
    LPE 100mm MAF
    Vararam, cold air intake and bridge
    RPM Level 6/4L60e trans
    3.42 gears
    Yank SS3600
    1-7/8" AR headers
    Z06 exhaust
    470rwhp 437rwtq
    1/8th mi-1.526-60'-6.862-1/8th-@100.74mph

Lifetime Member

i went to sears and bought a wrench and even with all the warranty i think it blows because it doesnt come with instructions. if it came it would have been a much better tool
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

Lifetime Member

why have a static document if you could have a permanently growing/self-updating document...like, you know...forums?

seriously tho, i'd love to see moderators to go occasionally through the good discussions and make concise versions of them. there's a lot of good stuff here, but sometimes even the nutcases like myself dont feel like plowing thorugh 19 pages...

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast