View Poll Results: Would you like a tuning tutorial for EFI Live?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

59 76.62%
  • NO

18 23.38%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Simple yes or no...would you like a tuning tutorial for EFI Live?

Default Simple yes or no...would you like a tuning tutorial for EFI Live?

Hope this works as I've never posted a poll before.

Just a simple yes or no poll.

Quote Originally Posted by onfire
    Hope this works as I've never posted a poll before.

Just a simple yes or no poll.
    But---

2000 C5 Coupe, 6M, Callies/Mahle stroked LS7 (441), Blackwing, Halltech, LS3 intake, 90mm Shaner TB, ported L92 heads, FAST 50# inj, not too much cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers , 3" catless mid pipes, Z TIs, track suspension, , 3:90 rear, EFI V2, LM-2, etc.
    PowrMax Performance

100 mm PowrMAF

LM-2 EFILIve package with TAQ -sLM2 V-2 serial cable> Package deals

I haven't been bothered posting in these couple of threads before....

My feeling is this:

Tuning is a discipline, and EFILive is a tool.

Any tutorial that EFILive would/might produce "should" IMO be limited to the use and functionality of the "tool".

When anyone is going to alter the behaviour of their cars PCM they risk potentially serious damage as a result of their actions. It is therefore the responsibility of the tuner/amateur to take all precautions to ensure that they are adequately informed and knowledgeable about what they are undertaking.

I started out a year and a half ago (basically bought EFILive the day it was released). In that year and a half I have learnt a shit load by reading books, forum posts asking questions etc.

I think it is completely unrealistic for any materials to be produced that will turn anyone into a would be tuner in 5 minutes. And I think that is an unrealistic expectation on the part of the would be tuner.

Just my $0.02 and not a popular opinion. I just think some expect this to all be presented on a silver platter and not have to perform any leg work of their own.

Cheers,
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Being new at this, it makes me A LOT more comfortable knowing that there's information/advice/tips out there about the product I'm about to pay a lot of money for. If two software packages are equal and one has more documentation/tips/tutorials, guess which one people will buy! If the people that tune for a living don't want to put out trade secrets or things they've learned along the way, fine. They don't have to.

I believe this has and will continue to take care of itself. There are many posted tutorials on this forum for various tuning processes. I have gone from ignorant novice to fairly knowedgeable this past year just from reading this forum. I am sure the tutorials will continue as more and more people discover EFILive.

Given the variables involved, it would be very risky for EFILive to try to establish a safe tuning tutorial for the masses. They would end up being blamed for everything that didn't turn out as expected, even though they do not have control of how it was used.

I think what we have now works well. Ask a question and several of the forum's seasoned tuners will jump in there with suggestions or solutions.

Just my 2 cents worth.

You will find that pretty much all the information you need is here, cause it is the same information all of us needed when we started out. It just doesn't start "Once upon a time..."
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

Since no one has answered correctly yet-- my response is yes or no.
    DigitalEFI- EFILive US Distributor
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

So that would be a maybe then
    Andrew
    EFILive Crew

man who said no??? ...why would you not like the newbies to get real step by step how-to info..

its very simple no help no sales if you dont show us how to tune then we the new and potential customer will go elsewhere.

A NO vote generally will mean:

1. I make a living by tuning and don't want to dilute my market.

2. I've "earned my bones" by hard work/trial and error....you should earn yours.

3. I'm selfish.

4. I have a legitimate reason for not wanting additional information about tuning shared with the masses.

5. I'm HPT and we are greatly increasing our market share by increasing our tutorials and technology. Hopefully, our competition will stick their head in the sand.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast