View Poll Results: Would you like a tuning tutorial for EFI Live?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

59 76.62%
  • NO

18 23.38%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Simple yes or no...would you like a tuning tutorial for EFI Live?

P.S. - here's the current state, mainly RIngram's document ported to the wiki ... can be moved to its own domain ...

The Wiki-information could be specifically published under some open licence, like Creative Commons or the likes ...

Edit: should add the Link
    Last edited by Garry; July 19th, 2006 at 09:35 PM.
    Garry Glendown * '17 Fifty 2SS MT * 99 Firehawk Convertible (for sale)

I've added a poll in the tutorial section. Please vote
    http://www.forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?t=3001

Quote Originally Posted by Tordne
    So that would be a maybe then
    No, that would be I smell a rat. Some posters are pushing a bit too hard for a tutorial for me to believe that's all they want. I think there are some private agendas at work here. When you buy tuning software, you get the program and a cable and a ton of great information. You do not get, nor are you entitled to a mommy and daddy to hold your hand and teach you all the ins and outs of tuning. In fact, this forum is a lot better resource than any tutorial. I can't count the number of times people have posted questions and received the specific answers they needed to solve their problems. How many times have you seen one offer to look at another's data log or send a revised calibration file? You won't get that out of a tutorial. Granted, a comprehensive tutorial will ramp up the learning curve, but I get the distinct feeling that other motivations are at work here. Frankly, if I were a moderator, I would have shut this and similar threads down long ago.
    DigitalEFI- EFILive US Distributor
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

Content could be taken and sold or users could use it, blow their car up and point fingers.
    I agree it should be independant and open source with a strong disclaimer.
    Still I believe in an open approach. So would be happy to help out at times with some more pics and content.
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

Quote Originally Posted by dfe1
    No, that would be I smell a rat. Some posters are pushing a bit too hard for a tutorial for me to believe that's all they want. I think there are some private agendas at work here. When you buy tuning software, you get the program and a cable and a ton of great information. You do not get, nor are you entitled to a mommy and daddy to hold your hand and teach you all the ins and outs of tuning. In fact, this forum is a lot better resource than any tutorial. I can't count the number of times people have posted questions and received the specific answers they needed to solve their problems. How many times have you seen one offer to look at another's data log or send a revised calibration file? You won't get that out of a tutorial. Granted, a comprehensive tutorial will ramp up the learning curve, but I get the distinct feeling that other motivations are at work here. Frankly, if I were a moderator, I would have shut this and similar threads down long ago.

What kind of proof do you need to confirm I'm a single user that bought the program from Jesse Bubb in the spring? Go to LS1tech and run a search on my name "onfire"...you'll find I've been a moderator since 2001 and have not been a vendor for anything.

Call jesse and confirm my purchase if you want to....just don't start factless rumors based on how you smell.

Quote Originally Posted by onfire
    What kind of proof do you need to confirm I'm a single user that bought the program from Jesse Bubb in the spring? Go to LS1tech and run a search on my name "onfire"...you'll find I've been a moderator since 2001 and have not been a vendor for anything.

Call jesse and confirm my purchase if you want to....just don't start factless rumors based on how you smell.
    I'm not starting any rumors, factless (which is redundant) or otherwise, and I never mentioned anyone by name, so why do you have your bowels in such an uproar? It's one thing to ask for something, it's another to whine and moan ad nauseum. I also never implied that anyone was trying to sell anything. However, I've seen countless posts on other forums by people who were just trying to start a controversy, or attempting to make a product look bad so people would have reservations about buying it. You've asked about tutorials, you've been answered several times and you keep asking. Call me cynical, but that raises a flag in my opinion. There are plenty of knowledgeable people on this forum who have and will continue to contribute excellent information. If you honestly want a tutorial so badly, why don't YOU volunteer to put one together. All you have to do is assemble the information that's sent to you, then post it for review by people with tuning experience. You could also review it and request additional information for topics you feel weren't covered in sufficient detail.
    DigitalEFI- EFILive US Distributor
    sales@digitalefi.com
    678/344-1590

Lifetime Member

Questions???

Are you guys talking about a comprehensive tuning tutorial or a cookbook type tutorial?

A comprehensive tutorial would be a massive work.

As for cookbook....well, it's cookbook! There are so many parameters!

I'm not knocking the idea I just wonder if you guys really realise the amount of tuning info you harbor in your own cortex?? In order to understand tuning there is a whole lot of 4 cycle knowledge in there also.

Sincerely, No flames......but I think maybe you guys don't appreciate the cumulative wealth of knowledge here.

My .02

Cheers,
    joel

"I'm not starting any rumors, factless (which is redundant) or otherwise, and I never mentioned anyone by name, so why do you have your bowels in such an uproar?."

[
    Because YOU posted this in a thread that I started:

No, that would be I smell a rat. Some posters are pushing a bit too hard for a tutorial for me to believe that's all they want. I think there are some private agendas at work here.

"I get the distinct feeling that other motivations are at work here."

In the best light those comments are factless "stirring the pot" rumors.

If that's all the constructive criticism that you can contribute, there's a great movie with Mel Gibson called Conspiracy Theory that you would enjoy.

It's cool if you disagree with adding tutorials...others have said they disagree......I just don't like, and will continue to defend against, comments that infer wrong doing. That's not the case.

If you read the threads in the other tutorial thread....Blacky is on board with additional tutorials...

BTW, I'm impressed with the wealth of knowledge that is shared here...a lot of hard work is given up freely.

Hey there is a wiki Garry setup. Im sure he would be happy to copy the code to other to host as well. A single point would be best.

Im sure even onfire can contribute.

Why dont we all build on that!?
    Get EFILive in europe (http://www.efilive.eu).
    2007 Escalade ESV L92 6.2L VVT.
    2014 VF SV LS3 Maloo.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast